I want to join my high school football team?

I want to join football my junior year of high school. I'm currently a sophomore. I'm thinking about joining football but never had experience with plays and what not. I'm like 5'10 and 125 lbs. Do you think I should join next year? What position should I play?

PS. I'm fast at running too

• Cu Tie
    Favorite Answer

I highly encourage you to join your high school football team next season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football.

Based on your height and weight, as well as your speed, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. Your height gives you the potential to become an elite high school wide receiver.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this upcoming (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch wide receiver in high school football, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, our chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your junior, and especially senior, year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 2 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.

• noah5 years agoReport

u copy and paste this same thing on like 8 other questions
      un legit

You should find someone who plays and ask them when weight lifting is. My school lifts 2 weeks after football season then all year long. Before you join understand it will be hard as hell playing football I'm smaller then you but I'm a freshman and played this season and it was really tough especially camp it was 2 weeks before school even started 8am- 9pm it was real life hell. You get lots of respect for playing though like wearing the jersey on Fridays and much more. Football will make you a better person just remember there will be lots of hard work and times you want to quit but stick through it and you won't regret it.

Source(s): Playing football since I was 7

There's no risk in trying out! Unless you have a lot of natural athletic talent, I wouldn't expect to play a ton (but this depends on your school's size and whatnot). But, even if you don't get a lot of playing time, it's still a great experience to share with your teammates, and you will definitely have fun. For your size (average to slightly above average height and very skinny), I would probably put you at a Defensive Back, like corner. Also, I would suggest seriously lifting weights this summer, because you should bulk up to play a physical sport like this. Good Luck!

Source(s): I played 4 years of high school football as an offensive tackle.

I would be a good experience for you.. Give it a shot.. The coach will decide where you will play.. Good luck...

play wide, do squats, push ups, and sprints cause your kinda small

Source(s): hs wide out next season is my senior year im 6'1 166 lb ^___^

No don't lie