Car crash what should I do?

A few weeks ago I was in a car crash, I was driving home from school when a car ran a red and I T-boned him. When the police got there he said I ran the red and I said he ran the red, I got the police report today and it said they couldn't determine who was at fault (no one stuck around as a witness) and it turns out he isn't insured, I am. So my question is, what should I do?

Should I call my insurances company and see if they'll pay for my car?

Or should I go to court? 

I only have liability.

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Take him to court if you can. It's illegal to be an uninsured motorist. He should've gotten a citation for that, at the very least, which shows he's not a responsible driver. Were there any traffic cameras at the intersection that may have caught something? Check into that. It's worth a try, otherwise you've got a total loss unless you have uninsured motorist coverage. Most liability insurance policies don't include uninsured motorist coverage, you have to pay extra for it.

    Source(s): Personal experience
  • 8 years ago

    First answer correct, plus if all you have is liability your insurance company won't pay for your car, liability is actually public liability, meaning it pays for somebody you run into, but not your car.

    No witness to an intersection crash is awful for you. Not much chance you will prevail.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.