Acting? Is it impractical?

Really, wondering what kind of a role looks play in acting and whether it's crucial to be very pretty in order to be a successful actress. I am a 14(very almost 15) year old girl. Auburn eyes, very dark blonde hair. The real hassle is with my height.. I stand at a lanky 6' and so am wondering how... show more Really, wondering what kind of a role looks play in acting and whether it's crucial to be very pretty in order to be a successful actress.
I am a 14(very almost 15) year old girl. Auburn eyes, very dark blonde hair. The real hassle is with my height.. I stand at a lanky 6' and so am wondering how immediately this would affect me. I suppose the thing is directors tend to like people that can play roles younger than their age whereas with me it would most definitely be the opposite.
I was also wondering if anyone who is going to or went to NYT (national youth theatre) thinks I should audition for it. My main problem when acting is how awkward I feel in my body movements due to my height (I feel like I have too much limb ..). I just want the honest truth because I probably will go for it if it is what I want to do I just want to 'test the water' if you will before I go any further. I hope someone can answer my questions thank you xx
Update: Just fyi, I assure you I am not a 'fame and glory' type of person. I am well aware of the hard work and effort that goes into being an actor. But of course doesn't everyone want and aspire to be successful in their endeavors? What is the point in dreaming big when you assume all you will ever be able to... show more Just fyi, I assure you I am not a 'fame and glory' type of person. I am well aware of the hard work and effort that goes into being an actor. But of course doesn't everyone want and aspire to be successful in their endeavors? What is the point in dreaming big when you assume all you will ever be able to achieve is a few small budget dingy plays? In addition does the fact that I didn't know what I want to be later in life at the age of 6 thereby cut me off from any future aspirations? I appreciate your answer, I honestly do, however I am inclined to disagree with you on the premise of your notion rather than the conclusion.