What does it mean for a WordPress theme to be responsive?

Is it important that I choose a responsive site if I want a good mobile experience? I have found two themes that I love, but neither is responsive. Would it be unwise to choose one of them anyway?

Favorite Answer

A responsive theme is one that will scale and adjust itself depending on the size of the browser window. This means that it will look good on both the desktop and the mobile web browsers without the need for a separate mobile theme.

You can try making your browser window very small and you will see what it will look like on a mobile browser.

A non responsive site can still work on a mobile browser however. It depends on the content and the purpose of the site. An alternative can be to serve a different theme to mobile users, but it's not always a good option.

If you can, try out the theme in a mobile browser to check how easy it is to navigate.

Responsive means automatic adjustable according to screen. Mostly i used my own responsive themes instead of buying them from online store. I use TemplateToaster generator for making my work easy.