How Competitive is the acting industry?

I'm a 17 year old girl (if this matters?) and I'd love to get into acting professionally. First of all I guess I'd like to know how to get started with this? Most actors get started A LOT younger than I am, so I guess I'm at a disadvantage. And I also want to know how competitive is it/will it be in... show more I'm a 17 year old girl (if this matters?) and I'd love to get into acting professionally. First of all I guess I'd like to know how to get started with this? Most actors get started A LOT younger than I am, so I guess I'm at a disadvantage. And I also want to know how competitive is it/will it be in a few years?

I'm going to be attempting to get acting lessons, and an agent when I know I'm decent at it, so I'd just like to know how hard it is to get a decent job in the industry? I guess not exactly high profile, like a blockbuster movie or anything, but maybe something small first? Thanks!