Atheist and Liberal Hypocrisy in Politics?

Have you noticed the sheer level of hypocrisy among the left, especially atheists relative to Romney's religion?

I'm a Christian conservative, and I'll be the first to admit that Mormonism is a wacky religion. Yet, as none of Romney's policies are informed by Mormonism, I feel I can support him without compromising my own beliefs.

Yet, Liberals and atheists (having nothing substantial to accuse Romney of), won't get over his religion and pose his beliefs as a valid reason to avoid voting for him.

Consider how much atheists/liberals value freedom of religion and speech yet turn a blind eye to Obama's blatant attempt and success in silencing those who dared speak out against Islam, blaming a terrorist attack on an AMERICAN who those rights are meant to protect. Obama even spoke in favour of silencing those who spoke out against Islam soon afterwards, agreeing with the UN, who said speaking against Islam should be considered a crime against humanity.

Favorite Answer

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/03/why_is_the_left_de...

Obama has been a terrible President and an enemy to progressives. Unemployment is high. American household income since the recovery started in 2009 has dropped 5%. Poverty has increased substantially. Home equity – the main store of wealth for the middle class – has dropped by $5-7 trillion, in contrast to the increase in financial asset values held by Obama’s friends and donors. And this was done explicitly through Obama’s policies. Inequality in income gains higher than under George W. Bush.

1) Under Barack Obama, economic inequality in terms of income growth has skyrocketed to historically high levels. Labor as a share of GDP is at a historically low level. And this is in spite of a different trend line when Obama took office – during the crisis, inequality was actually collapsing. Obama reversed this trend, restoring Bush’s unequal America, and then going beyond it.

2) Under Barack Obama, there has been a massive foreclosure crisis, with a policy response that was intentionally ineffective. Meanwhile, corporate profits have rebounded, while home equity levels (which can rebound through increased home values or debt write-offs), have not.

3) These shifts largely occurred when Barack Obama’s party controlled Congress, from 2009-2010.

4) The American energy system is turning us towards a petro-state, with investment in mining (fracking, tar sands and dirty oil, coal, etc) nearly equal to investment in manufacturing.

5) Obama broke a significant number of campaign promises from 2008, promises that would have secured bargaining leverage for debtors and labor. These included : a higher minimum wage, a ban on the replacement of striking workers, seven days of paid sick leave, a more diverse media ownership structure, renegotiation of NAFTA, letting bankruptcy judges write down mortgage debt, a ban on illegal wiretaps, an end to national security letters, stopping the war on whistle-blowers, passing the Employee Free Choice Act, restoring habeas corpus, and labor protections in the FAA bill.

• MattH

I don't think being atheist has anything to do with it at all. I'm a foaming at the mouth atheist, but I don't judge Romney on his religion (that could be because I'm not American and I was raised in a predominantly Mormon town). I don't see how Mormonism is any more "wacky" than any other Christian denomination. Without sounding condescending... you guys believe that a person walked on water, performed countless miracles (none of which were ever recorded by any of the historians at the time), was crucified and resurrected? If you believe the bible is absolute truth... you believe in a talking whale... but Mormonism is "wacky"? I'm sorry I truly do fail to see how other Christians can possibly comment on the ridiculous-ness of the LDS religion given the nature of their own religion.

That said... hey... crazy things happen. Maybe God really did choose one man... in one nation... at one time in history... to come and die for everyone. Maybe I'm wrong... but I certainly don't see how the religion of one presidential candidate will change things very much. As you've said, he hasn't mixed his religion with politics... nor will he becuase he realizes that would be political suicide.

I think it's more of a left vs. right thing. Personally I don't know how a guy like Romney can possibly relate to the majority of Americans...... but you know what else? I'm a socialist... I would actually vote for Romney if I could. That sounds strange? Consider what he wants to do with America's middle class.... that's really what he's targetting for improvement and that a step in the right direction in my opinion. He has a decent track record and I really do think he would do a better job than Obama. I don't agree with Romney's foreign policy or his view on free markets but.... who am I to judge? I'm just socialist atheist that's still in school......

Y'understand, i've got been around Yahoo solutions for somewhat some time, maximum of that factor interior the religion & Spirituality communicate board. i do no longer understand who you're conversing approximately or what you're even attempting to declare right here. i've got no longer seen everyone "exposing the hypocrisy of the religious acceptable" yet I actual have seen numerous misquoted and misinterpreted scripture. Oh, don't get me incorrect--we've hypocrites. count huge style me as first because of fact I actual have all varieties of sins that I fall in to and am only lame and do because of fact I appreciate them interior the 2d (that's why i choose a savior). I do only no longer even relate to what you're asking right here however!

How about we stop whining and complaining like babies about the stuff that doesn't matter. Yes, there is hypocrisy but it appears on both sides, EQUALLY. The only people that do things like that are the idiots that we can all agree are idiots and should ignore. Let's actually focus on the things that matter in a president, which is not his religion, his party, or whatever other irrelevant cr*p you idiots think of, but his policies.

• vrzz

Planet Kolob and his silly magic panties are the least of my problems in regard to Romney.

I care more for the fact that he's a war monger, who happens to be a spineless coward, who tucked his tail between his legs and ran to France during the draft while supporting the war, and protesting against those who were against the war.

He has threatened war with nations, and if elected, he will send sons and daughters of other people to die for his stupidity.

I care more for the fact that he has no moral compass.

I care more for the fact that he has no political stance on any major issue. He has held multiple positions on every single issue.

I care more for the fact that his 8 trillion dollar plan will destroy the middle class, while giving him more tax breaks.

Should I go on?????????????

By the way, I'm an atheist.

Ironic that while you admit Mormonism is a whacky religion...you fail to see Christianity is whacky too

All religions are myths. There are no prophecy, miracles or gods. Myths all

Why're you still living in Canada if your vote is virtually ineffective there? Most conservatives there aren't vocal at all to make a difference.

• Sarah

That's odd. I've noticed that "Christians" and republicans have spent the better part of 4 years ranting about Obama's religion and lying about his faith. Now you don't like it when they return the favor? Who's the hypocrite?

I love how you become more insulting as it becomes clearer that Romney is losing.

I'm an atheist conservative, and I don't care what kind of religion he is, he's gotta be better than Obama...