STARTING A CLEANING BUSINESS?

I am interested in starting a residential cleaning business. I am concerned about safety (cleaning homes for strangers). Do you have any recommendations about how I can start this business and stay safe? How would you screen prospective customers? How would you kindly turn prospective customers away if you... show more I am interested in starting a residential cleaning business. I am concerned about safety (cleaning homes for strangers). Do you have any recommendations about how I can start this business and stay safe? How would you screen prospective customers? How would you kindly turn prospective customers away if you believed it would be an unsafe situation? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Update: Phyl Mar, I would be thrilled to have a senior citizen as one of my customers too! :) I'm sure you would agree that the world is not the same safe place as it once was. You must be a nice trustworthy person.