How do I clean a baseball hat?

I have my ex boyfriends white baseball hat and it's gotten dirty just sitting in my room for a while. I want to return it to him but i want it to be clean. The bill/flat part is the dirty part. Its a new era hat. 85% acrylic 15% wool please help! Thanks <3

Favorite Answer

I hand wash ours. To the sink with a scrub brush or stiff toothbrush, Dawn dish soap.

Wash it in the dishwasher (but without the heated drying cycle), reshape it then sit it somewhere till it's dry.

I hand wash my hats and leave them out to air dry

Throw it in the Wash Machine , Place it over a small Lamp shade to keep its shape , let it be. Your a special young Lady to do that for him. :}

Source(s): Life

in case you fairly need to bathe it (i does no longer till end of season) use a easy spritz of Febreze and allow the cap air dry. I used this technique on my umpire caps and that they in no way confirmed any positioned on and tear.