Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 years ago

Can S&W M&P 15-22 magazine be used with S&W M&P 15 and conversion kit?

I was wondering if I use CMMG conversion kit for my S&W M&P 15 sport to make it shoot 22LR, can I use S&W M&P 15-22 magazines with it ?

Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

No.

And it really pisses me off that folks who are unfamiliar with this stuff - are willing to waste there precious time on this earth to give you a bum answer.

The S&W MP-15-22 uses a unique mag. It's good for nothing unless you have an MP-15-22.

The CMMG conversion kit - is designed to use the M16 sized mags used in the Colt, Ceiner, and Black Dog conversions. Of all of them - Black Dog Machine makes the best magazine hands down.

Something else you should know and understand. The standard, subsonic, and high velocity 'normal' 22 long ammo with 37,38 and 40gr ammo is designed for a 1:16 twist barrel. Your MP-15 wont have that - so - when you use regular long rifle ammo you can expect one or two 'fliers' bullets that are out of the group even though nothing has changed. If you need better accuracy than that - then you must track down a few boxes of Aguila SSS subsonic 60gr ammo designed especially for this conversion kit and use in 1:9 and faster twist rate barrels.

Those BDM mags come in several colors.

Hope this helps

• Zack

I don't think so. While I don't have a .22 conversion mag to compare it to, I do have a smith and wesson mp 15-22 mag (and gun). It is VERY loose in the magwell of an actual AR lower. It has a slightly smaller diameter of an actual AR mag but that makes all the difference. I couldn't see any way rounds could feed out of it. AR mags will not fit into the magwell of the mp 15-22.

• Jeff

I think so.

Black Dog machine works sells a good AR 22 magazines too.

Let me know how the CMMG works out. I'd like a Nordic 22 upper, but they are sold out all the time.