Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

What should I do about suicidal thoughts?

Ive self-harmed for a while now, I'm getting help from a psychologist& I see a councillor at school, none of them know that I get suicidal thoughts though, should I tell one of them? Which one should I tell? And what will they do(tell my parents, send me to a psych ward,ect.)? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I self-harm also, but I could never do suicide because I know how it would effect my family and friends, and I'm not one to take the easy option.

Try watching this, I did, when i was thinking about suicide, and I was in tears. That's what I get for having a good imagination I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGPVuCEI8aU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=relmfu

I still self-harm, but a few times when I've really wanted to cut, I've written down everything I'm thinking about, no matter how horrible or pathetic it sounds. A few times, it's really helped and stopped me from cutting. I don't show anyone what I write, but it helps because I can see what I'm thinking and feeling, because it's there on the paper in front of me, and it's not just hurtful jumbled thoughts in my head.

You can message me on my youtube account anytime if you need to talk to someone (My youtube account name is 'FuckingPhsyco' XD) You don't have to tell anyone, but if you think talking about it would help, I'd tell your psychologist, because they're not likely to tell anyone.

Hope this helped ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ixAzgt1-Sc

Youtube thumbnail

• prebor

Your daughter desires her mom. i think of you may get in touch with others that are dealing with the comparable issues as you're. I additionally think of you may touch you church approximately this. Get in to a bible learn and fill some time with some those which will pay attention and pray with you. you're nevertheless around because of fact you're mandatory. you will be greater effective than you presently think of you will be. you in basic terms choose help is seeing what you're able to do. only like while your daughter couldn’t do some thing you helped her understand her ability. all of us choose help some greater effective than others and a few at specific cases of their existence. you go with somewhat help right here and then i'm confident that as quickly as you have a course you will take off. you have plenty to grant. detect a important church and make some good acquaintances and those steps will coach you a thank you to initiate in a important course. advantages and you'd be in my prayers

easy:

put you thoughts to action ............

hard:

step into the councellor's room...tell him your problem.nothing is going to happen dont worry all they'll do is give you a good talk and advices!no one is going to harm you dear!no psych ward or chains...dey are all movie's crap and extremes!get ur medication.ask the councellor itself if u should tell the news at home or not!

they are very friendly people .a year ago i was also in da same state as you or may be even worse but now i'm righty mighty!

all da best!

Tell them both, as well as your Doctor These professionals will not be able to help you properly unless and until you tell them everything which is relevant. With only half the story they will only seek out half of a solution, which is worthless. Do not be afraid to be totally open and honest. They hear stories like yours (and much worse) every day and will not be shocked or offended and will not use it against you. What you tell them is confidential, even if you are a minor, and they can not tell anyone else unless they consider that you are in immediate and exreme danger.

Tell both of them. They will help you through these feelings and it wont mean putting you in a psych ward. Just don't act on those feelings. if you can't talk to them either phone or e mail The samaritans

I have really bad scarring from self harm. i know it's hard not to do it but in the long run you will see the after affects. tell your parents if you're thinking of suicide. i was put in a phych ward and it really helped me looking back, even though i didn't think so then. i hope you're okay

you can email me i'll help you get through it, trust me ive been in your shoes, when you believe that you are suicidal then you become suicidal, i personally don't think any human being is suicidal, you're probably just really stressed out, and made self harm habitual. if anything talk to someone you know will listen. i suggest you do some yoga or meditation. if definitely helps. if its anything ive learned in life its that things do change and no condition is permanent. you will be fine trust me.

• Nemo

Tell them both, the one you trust most first. Find a structural activity you enjoy and aim to do one thing every day- get a structure to your life and stay away from things like knives and scissors.

hey, its good you are seeing people to help you, i feel you should tell the psychiatrist and not your school councilor even though they are there to help they are not as qualified and will not be AS helpful. you should really tell your psychiatrist, hope this helps. good luck!!!x