What makes Satan so bad?

I know I sound crazy, but before anyone answers, let me state, I have no religion, and I'm open to all beliefs. So, what makes Satan so bad? According to the Bible, Satan never killed anyone. However, God did.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

[To Caitlin]

[If an adult man were to convince a child to stick a fork in an electrical socket & the child died after doing so who would you blame? The child or the adult?]

[Please be honest, have you read the entire bible to make that assertion that Satan is a benevolent being?]

[America has the death penalty for murders. Is America evil or is it those who commit murder that forces this country hand to enforce the death penalty.]

King James Version Bible

Ezekiel Chapter 18

23. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?

1. Adolf Hitler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_hitler

2. Osama Bin Laden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_laden

3. Muammar Gaddafi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadaffi

4. The Rape of Nanking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_of_Nanking

5. Jeffrey Dahmer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_dahmer

6. Charles Whitman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

7. Grigori Rasputin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputin

8. Saddam Hussein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

9. Idi Amin Ada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

10. Julius Robert Oppenheimer - A designer of the Nuclear Bomb who went insane from guilt afterwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer

Ecclesiastes Chapter 8

11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Ezekiel Chapter 18

25. YET YE SAY, THE WAY OF THE LORD IS NOT EQUAL. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

31. CAST AWAY FROM YOU ALL YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

32. FOR I HAVE NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF HIM THAT DIETH, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves], and live ye.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Look at all the intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by Chrsitians!

Ever seen a Satanist post such horrendously nasty emotion? Of course not!

Seems Chrsitians are confused about who is the good and bad guys!

• 8 years ago

What I am about to talk about predates Genesis 1:1 and the flood of Noah. Please keep that continually in mind as you read this unless otherwise noted. ( In a Sense; we die everyday because Satan , and the 1/3rd's actions, as we leave this place)

Because you asked.

God's plan was in the beginning, to have a world society, that loved Him and followed Him and was in total and complete happiness. It did not work that way , because of one individual, and those that added themselves to him , that brought about the first rebellion in the world that was.

The day that , that world age failed , or just premature to it, God created or altered His plan, to bring salvation , to those individuals , 1/3rd of His children, call them angels, call them whatever you like, they are the souls God created, even the same souls that are in flesh bodies today ; they

worshiped Satan, Revelation 12 is your documentation. A """third of the stars ; where dragged down by the tail of that old Dragon""", one of the names of anti-christ, one of the names of Satan; in that world that was.

Revelation 12 : 3 to 4 is past. before Noah , before Gen 1:1 ...Note half of verse 4 ishaving to do with Christ.

Our Heavenly Father had a choice, He could kill Satan, which He passed sentence upon him, but he still lives today, for that sentence has not been carried out for a very special reason.

Because, He would had to in fairness, destroyed also 1/3rd of His children. That means, not kill their bodies, but kill their eternal souls.

So therefore, rather then destroy His own children He chose to destroy that world age, that cosmos .

That is why that, in Jeremiah chapter 4: 21 to 27.

We read, of that destruction of the world that was that there was

not one man left, not one city, that it was a devastation , upon the entire earth system. It is because of that destruction, that you can go into Alaska, or Russia , and they find those mastodons, with buttercups still in their mouths, meaning there would have had to be an instant freeze when God destroy that earth age.

( Keep in mind this destruction is before Noah's time. Before Genesis 1:1. that you read of in Jeremiah 4: 21 to 27 ( kjv )

Now, God destroyed that Earth age that was, because Satan had polluted that perfect plan. Recorded in Ezekiel chapter 28 :. Where it addresses Satan, as the king of Tyre. he is a super natural entity, in as much as he was created by God, and he was a Cherubim. Never in God's word will you hear an Earth man, addressed as a Cherubim, nor will you hear an angel called a Cherubim.

He was the,the protecting Cherub, The Cherub that covers, The Mercy Seat of Christ. That was his role at that time.

Ezekiel 28 :3 to 9 < ( after his fall)

Ezekiel 28 : 12 to 18 . < ( before his fall )

( Merchandise and traffic is used in a spiritual sense. He was peddling his filth , lies, etc. )

also Remember Rev 12. The 1/3rd he cause to follow him as you read Ezekiel 28: )

Most teachers teach that God can do anything He wants to. If that were true, and God could do anything He wanted to, He would not have put His children through this earth age. Again ; If God was able to do any and everything, He would not have put His children through this earth, flesh, age.

God cannot force, a free will spirit, to love Him, ells it is not true love . That is charity that God wants, and expects , from His children.. If you force love, then it is no longer love, you cannot buy love, and you cannot order it; It's fake. God dose not want fake love.

It was for this reason that God said " I do not want your burnt sacrifices , I want your love".

God loves His children very much.

Had God been able to restore that order, and have children that had free will , to do and think as they wished , and to have loved Him, He would have done it;

but then it would have been fake. So therefore rather then destroy His children, He destroyed the earth age that was. He created as its recorded in Genesis chapter 1, this new earth age. He cause the water to recede , The Holy spirit to move upon it, the same we have with us today.

And He created, a new man, on the 6th day; the various races of this world. He rested the 7th.

and then on the 8th day He created, The Adam, The man, to till the garden . That would bring in a testing age, or stage.

He created that man a help mate, He gave that individual a womb ; even as the earth is a womb.

Whereby those souls that where with Him, would be born of women., could pass through this Earth age ; born innocent of women.

What I mean by born innocent, is with all recollection of that world that was, or the heavenlies removed from that soul, and given a fresh, clean slate of innocence. To make his or her mind up weather they would love God, or Satan.

God wanted His children to Love Him.

Source(s): The Bible.
  • 8 years ago

Actually God never killed. God cannot kill.

There is a Hebrew figure of speech. An idiom of allowance. It says God smote or killed Saul, but what it means is: Saul broke gods laws that protected Saul from satan, therefore outside of gods protection satan was then allowed to kill him.

Pretty crazy huh?

Hebrew culture is very complicated and confusing which is why most people don't understand the bible. The bible is an Eastern ( Asian) book. We have western minds. They do not think alike.

Christ said the thief (satan) cometh not but to kill steal and destroy, I have come so that you may have life and have it in abundance.

Christ also said he only does the will of the father.

So gods will enacted through Jesus is to give life and give exceeding fullness of it. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy everything.

Satans names give hints to his nature:

Satan- the accuser

The Devil- deciever

Serpent- sneaky/ cunning

Dragon- wrathful

Leviathan- to coil or bind

Lucifer- the brilliant one( intelligently brilliant also beautiful in appearance)

Thief- someone who comes to kill steal and destroy

God of this world- he inhereted dominion from Adam over earth therefore controlling all aspects of sense perceived things.( 'cept those sanctified by God)

Each name for him is a way he attacks your life to ruin it.

God is light and in him there is no darkness. God is love. These are things God always is.

Gods names :

Elohim- meaning many gods plural, but in refrence to the God of Christianity is a magnified title for a singular God. The queen of England addresses herself "we the queen of England" God also does the same. This name is only used for God in reference to creation genesis 1:1 is a place where God is translated from Elohim.

( the rest were from the bible.org, their Elohim meaning is inaccurate therefore I did not use it)

El Shaddai:“God Almighty.” The derivation is uncertain. Some think it stresses God’s loving supply and comfort; others His power as the Almighty one standing on a mountain and who corrects and chastens (Gen. 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; Ex. 6:1; Ps. 91:1, 2).

El Elyon: “The Most High God.” Stresses God’s strength, sovereignty, and supremacy (Gen. 14:19; Ps. 9:2; Dan. 7:18, 22, 25).

El Olam: “The Everlasting God.” Emphasizes God’s unchangeableness and is connected with His inexhaustibleness (Gen. 16:13).

(2) Yahweh (YHWH): Comes from a verb which means “to exist, be.” This, plus its usage, shows that this name stresses God as the independent and self-existent God of revelation and redemption (Gen. 4:3; Ex. 6:3 (cf. 3:14); 3:12).

Compounds of Yahweh: Strictly speaking, these compounds are designations or titles which reveal additional facts about God’s character.

Yahweh Jireh (Yireh): “The Lord will provide.” Stresses God’s provision for His people (Gen. 22:14).

Yahweh Nissi:“The Lord is my Banner.” Stresses that God is our rallying point and our means of victory; the one who fights for His people (Ex. 17:15).

Yahweh Shalom:“The Lord is Peace.” Points to the Lord as the means of our peace and rest (Jud. 6:24).

Yahweh Sabbaoth:“The Lord of Hosts.” A military figure portraying the Lord as the commander of the armies of heaven (1 Sam. 1:3; 17:45).

Yahweh Maccaddeshcem: “The Lord your Sanctifier.” Portrays the Lord as our means of sanctification or as the one who sets believers apart for His purposes (Ex. 31:13).

Yahweh Ro’i: “The Lord my Shepherd.” Portrays the Lord as the Shepherd who cares for His people as a shepherd cares for the sheep of his pasture (Ps. 23:1).

Yahweh Tsidkenu: “The Lord our Righteousness.” Portrays the Lord as the means of our righteousness (Jer. 23:6).

Yahweh Shammah: “The Lord is there.” Portrays the Lord’s personal presence in the millennial kingdom (Ezek. 48:35).

Yahweh Elohim Israel: “The Lord, the God of Israel.” Identifies Yahweh as the God of Israel in contrast to the false gods of the nations (Jud. 5:3.; Isa. 17:6).

(3) Adonai: Like Elohim, this too is a plural of majesty. The singular form means “master, owner.” Stresses man’s relationship to God as his master, authority, and provider (Gen. 18:2; 40:1; 1 Sam. 1:15; Ex. 21:1-6; Josh. 5:14).

(4) Theos: Greek word translated “God.” Primary name for God used in the New Testament. Its use teaches: (1) He is the only true God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30); (2) He is unique (1 Tim. 1:17; John 17:3; Rev. 15:4; 16:7); (3) He is transcendent (Acts 17:24; Heb. 3:4; Rev. 10:6); (4) He is the Savior (John 3:16; 1 Tim. 1:1; 2:3; 4:10). This name is used of Christ as God in John 1:1, 18; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Tit. 2:13; Rom. 9:5; Heb. 1:8; 2 Pet. 1:1.

(5) Kurios: Greek word translated “Lord.” Stresses authority and supremacy. While it can mean sir (John 4:11), owner (Luke 19:33), master (Col. 3:22), or even refer to idols (1 Cor. 8:5) or husbands (1 Pet. 3:6), it is used mostly as the equivalent of Yahweh of the Old Testament. It too is used of Jesus Christ meaning (1) Rabbi or Sir

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

satan is the adult boogeyman.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.