Who are you endorsing for President? How many conservatives are endorsing Obama?

I lean conservative Republican, but I do not think Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan make a good ticket for the Presidency. I like Mitt Romney as a person. He is a great family man, a successful businessman, a responsible person and he is fully capable of doing the job that the Presidency requires. However, he lacks the... show more I lean conservative Republican, but I do not think Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan make a good ticket for the Presidency. I like Mitt Romney as a person. He is a great family man, a successful businessman, a responsible person and he is fully capable of doing the job that the Presidency requires. However, he lacks the intellectual curiosity to engage in the political process with ease, because being a Washington outsider is not a good thing, when there is so much to learn about global politics and domestic policies. Romney does not know his way around the Legislative process and will not be able to effectively get laws passed or get things done, the way someone who has more experience in Washington could. Paul Ryan has even less experience than Romney on all counts, including in governing and in dealing with foreign policy. The truth is, Mitt Romney belongs in the Deparment of Commerce and Paul Ryan belongs in the Budget Committtee. They're really not suited for the jobs they are applying for.

Barack Obama is at this point the most experienced of the two candidates in every way, especially when it comes to Obama's position as current Commander-in-Chief. Obama is not the left-wing extremist that he is painted as by conservative media, and has in fact, been a third term of Bush. Everything he has done and supported is not that far off from what a Republican President would have done. Yes, Obama has spent more money, but in terms of our free enterprise system and our capitalist way of life, it is still the same. Obama even opted for the more free-market-oriented Obamacare over a single-payer system. Obamacare is probably the only issue where Obama would be the most divergent from the Republicans, however. On another front, the other huge plus with Obama is that the military would love to have Obama as Commander-in-Chief. Obama can do whatever he wants in the world and not have the media, or Michael Moore, or the anti-war movement hindering whatever process the military is going through. This special ability for Obama to follow whatever Republicans would do in foreign policy and still get away with it is very unique to him and is an advantage for Obama.

It's not just the anti-war movement that would arise under Romney if he should win, but OWS and other leftist movements would be unrelentlessly opposing and making a huge scene day after day. I'm not sure that Romney could handle that and I'm not sure that conservatives would want to defend Romney everytime he says something, especially when he is changing his positions as often as he is.

In the end, if Romney wins, conservatives are in a lose-if-Romney-wins position. If Romney wins the election he will not be greeted the way Obama was in 2009, and will face heavy criticism from around the world and from within this country and even from Libertarians and conservatives themselves. Think about his reeleection prospects in 2016. Do you really think Romney could win in 2016? There's no way Romney, with the tepid enthusiasm that Republicans have now, could be able to get people excited, if they struggle with it now. In fact, if Romney did win in this election, this would most likely spark a new liberal movement and a large enthusiasm for a reinvigorated Democratic party in 2014 and a new liberal mania in 2016.

The biggest reason against Romney is that Romney just doesn't know how to speak conservative. He doesn't get what it means to be a Republican and he can't really defend why Republicans do and believe as they do. He can't defend against Libertarian attacks or liberal attacks, and America needs Republican candidates that are as articulate and resolute as Ronald Reagan was. Obama is currently the best candidate for the country at this time, with his centrist economic policies that can be controlled by a Republican House majority and his ability to handle foreign policy with complete control. That's why I'm endorsing Barack Obama for the Presidency.