pa funeral director education requirements?

do you need two years of gen ed or just two years of mortuary school.

• James
    Favorite Answer

Pennsylvania requires at least 60 general education credits as well as the credits needed for actual Funeral Service classes.

There are two mortuary schools in Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh and Northampton.

The link below is to the Pennsylvania State Board of Funeral Directors, which controls most of what is necessary for us to practice. If you click on the "Law" link, it will tell you everything you will need to know.

Know that once you are done (or nearly done) with mortuary school, you will have to take a National Board Exam which is comprised of two sections - Arts and Sciences - each with 170 questions all before you can start to be a Funeral Director Intern. Sometime before your internship ends, you have to pass a Pennsylvania State Board Exam (mostly PA law).

It isn't easy, but it is worth it.

Lastly, if you are serious about this career choice, I would highly suggest that you invest in a book called the "Funeral Service Compend", which is a book of questions (study guide) for each subsection of the National Board Exam. When I took my NBEs, it was the only thing I studied and I passed on my first try.

Good luck! And if you have any specific questions, feel free to email me through Yahoo.

Listed here are my high TEN rather dangerous names for a funeral director: 10. Ima Bodie Snatcher 9. Igor Knech Krofilliakk 8. I. Barry Hummelive 7. I. C. Deddpeepill 6. May I. Pinscher-Fanne 5. Cher U. Kildham 4. Wynn Diddie Dye three. Paul Muffing Kerr 2. Lita Tiddie Twerster 1. Randy Alda Thyme ************************ high-quality tack, Terry! Here are some others in that vein: Ferris Beuhler Donnie Osmond Ron Weasley Ronald McDonald Ted Bundy Jeffrey Dahmer Charles Manson Lizzy Borden Opie Taylor Elmer Fudd Wayne Newton Saddam Hussein Elton John Dahl E. Parton