Depends on how you are treating it. If you are using an anti-fungal cream then it's possible you may allow the yeast to build a resistance to the treatment. I would also advise against the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics, by definition, are supposed to kill bacteria; in many situations, such as when you have a bacterial infection, that’s a good thing.
But those antibiotics, while doing their job on one part of your body, can cause problems elsewhere: They could be destroying “good bacteria” in your vagina — bacteria that help to keep the body's natural yeast population in check. When the good bacteria are destroyed, yeast can multiply and potentially cause a yeast infection.
Instead try the following:
AVOID THE FOLLOWING FOODS:
ALL fruit juices and canned fruit (too much sugar).
ALL dried fruits (too much sugar).
Very starchy vegetables (pumpkin, sweet corn, parsnip) – Avoid for the first few weeks, like fresh fruits.
Frozen fruit, preserved fruits, canned fruits.
White flours, white rice, white pasta.
Potatoes (baked is generally OK, not mashed).
White rice (stick with brown or wild rice).
White pasta (stick with buckwheat pasta).
Most all breads & pizza bases (avoid bread).
Alcohol (can be especially a bad choice).
Sugar, in any form, shape and quantity.
Honey, molasses, rice syrup, maple syrup.
1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).
2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.
3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.
4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.
5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.
6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.
7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.
8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.
9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed
10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS