Pretty Girl Name For My Character?

I need a pretty girl name for my book character.

She's pale, with long black hair, green eyes, and freckles.

I was thinking of naming her:

Holly Jade

Any other suggestions?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I think naming characters in accordance to personality/appearance is fine, but what really makes a good character is one whose name the reader grows to associate with it. For example, I could have a happy, spunky character whose never set a foot out of line named Helga, and even though it may not sound right to the reader at the beginning of the book, they'll grow to accept the name and even associate it with people they meet with similar personalities as your character.

Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I like the name Holly Jade. Here are some of my favorite first names for characters:

Mary (simple, memorable, and it possesses a stereotype easily malleable to your character's personality)

Alexandra

Gemma/Jenna

Izzy

Sam/Samantha

Ashlin/Ashlyn

Evie/Evelyn

Bailey

Emmerson (Emma/Emmy)

Laurel

I hope this helps! Good luck :)

• 7 years ago

Sweet names :)

Chloe Mae

Alyssa Jane

Holly Lee

Milly Rose

Emmylou Jaide

Lila Grace

Mia Lily

Olivia Grace

Jennifer Rose

Lily Mae

Abigail Sadie

Lola Anne

Zoe Ruth

Ruby Caite

Lina Kaye

I love Holly, just not with Jade.

Try...

Holly Lee

Holly Eve

Holly Mae

Holly Rose

Holly Grace

Holly Paige

Holly Jane

Or

Patricia Holly

Ava Holly

Amelia Holly

Abigail Holly

Peta Holly

Olivia Holly

Jane Holly

Gabriella Holly

Hope this helps!

GL!

• MK
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Holly Jade is really pretty. I wrote a book about a girl named Holly awhile back too.

Skylar

Rose

Brooklyn

Rhiannon

Avery

Cadence

Rebecca

Brianna

• Ciara
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

I like Holly jade! When u described the girl alittle then said Holly jade. It fits! I can't think of a better one! Good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shay
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Holly Jade is adorable!

~Madison Brianne

~Kayla Chanel

~Bailey Greta

~Jayda Trinity

~Katrina Ingrid

• 7 years ago

Marcelline, Rosalie, Alice, Lucinda, Nikki, Elysse, Veronica, Felicia(:

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think Lacey Rose, or Ermine Marie Ermine is a name with royal connotations, as the fur of the ermine weasel, which turns white in winter, is used for robes of royalty.

My name is Ricky Ann. I love it. It is very strong yet feminine, but wouldn't fit your character.

Source(s): http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Ermine I used this to check my understanding of the name
  • 7 years ago

Blaise, Midnight, Leina

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Pearl Scarlett Aislinn Scarlett (a lovely identify pronunced: Ash-ling or Ash-linn. It is Irish and approach "dream") Calla Scarlett (said: think of Callie but with an a. Cal-a. It is an amazing flower title that still sounds original however with a certain aspect) Genevieve "Eve" Scarlett Geneva "Eva" Scarlett (pronounced: Jeh-nev-uh or Juh-naeve-uh) Avalon Scarlett Zola Scarlett Zara Scarlett Tula Scarlett (reported: Too-luh) Tulla Scarlett (same pronounciation as above) Adelina Scarlett Coraline "Cora" Scarlett Delia "Del" Scarlett Athena "Thena" Scarlett (This one is so cute. I rather adore it) Azalea "Aza" Scarlett Thea Scarlett Aurelie "charisma" Scarlett (air of secrecy is a particularly stunning nickname) Adira Scarlett Anouk Scarlett (This one is distinct and extraordinary, suggested "a-nook") Cornelia Scarlett Miri Scarlett Olympia Scarlett Hope I helped :)

• 3 years ago

Emmy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.