Howto make sticky toffee?
Hi, i was wondering how to make those sticky toffees that you can get at school festivals or some kind event.
- JacobLv 47 years agoFavorite Answer
Sticky Toffee Pudding With Toffee Sauce
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
600 ml water
400 g pitted dates
115 g butter, softened
350 g dark muscovado sugar
1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
400 g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon treacle
1 tablespoon golden syrup
For the sauce
500 ml double cream
175 g demerara sugar
175 g butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon black treacle
Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Line a roasting pan with baking parchment.
Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the dates and leave to soak for about 10 minutes.
Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until smooth.
Stir in the syrup and treacle, then the flour, mixing well.
Break the eggs one by one into the bowl, stirring well after each addition.
Stir the vanilla extract into the date mixture. Blend with a stick blender until thick and soupy.
Add the bicarbonate of soda to the date mix, then pour this mixture into the flour mixture. Beat well to blend.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Put in the oven immediately, and bake for 35-40 minutes until well-risen and springy.
To make the sauce, put the cream in a saucepan and heat gently. Add the sugar and butter and whisk until melted. Whisk in the syrup and treacle.
Serve the pudding in bowls with the sauce poured over the top.
- WilsonLv 47 years ago
Sticky toffee pudding without dates
190g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
120g soft brown sugar
1 pinch salt
6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
120g butter or margarine
200g soft brown sugar
250ml double cream
Prep: 15 mins |Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. In another bowl add the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk together until a light frothy foam forms on top.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and mix together until smooth.
5. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cake is firm on top; start checking after 20 minutes.
6. For the sauce, add the butter, sugar and cream to a large saucepan and simmer over medium high heat until sauce is smooth and dark brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with pudding.
- Anonymous5 years ago
Toffee is butter, brown sugar, water, salt and baking soda.
Chocoalte is made form cocoa beans, milk solids and cocoa butter.
- PhilinNWflaLv 77 years ago
I think you mean taffy