haylee asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Should I tell my parents that I'm having suicidal thoughts?

I've just been really depressed lately and have been having suicidal thoughts. I want to tell my parents but I don't want to be watched constantly. I also really don't want to see a therapist, I don't know why exactly, but I have seen one in the past. But I never told her this, because it wasn't a issue then.

Favorite Answer

Yes at least try to get help from the school counselor, a teacher or trusted adult. Please don't kill yourself trust me life is good

It's important that you let your parents know how you're feeling. You don't need to feel alone in this. You guys can come up with a safety plan for when you're feeling suicidal so that they don't feel like they have to watch you all the time. Seeing a therapist may not be a bad idea so you have someone that can help you with these thoughts.

Please don't hesitate to call us at the Boys Town National Hotline. Counselors are available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000. Also, check us out at www.yourlifeyourvoice.org.

LF, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

Absolutely! Parents want to know how their child is feeling so they can help in anyway. By telling them it will only make them more aware of your feelings and they will better understand what type of help you deserve. There is also a great website for teens to go to when feeling down and have questions about things. There are blogs that other kids your age write in about and sites that discuss depression and suicidal issues. This may be a perfect tool for you to try.

If you ever feeling like talking about this further please consider calling the Boys Town Hotline. Our counselors are here 24/7 ready to help. Call us anytime @ 1-800-448-3000. You don't have to go through feelings like this alone.

Stay safe.

PJF, Counselor

Source(s): www.yourlifeyourvoice.org Check this out!

Yes you should. Although life may seem very hard and difficult there is always a horizon that is not at first seen, so we must wait and see what awaits us on the other side.....and the only way to do that is by living. Figure out what makes you depressed and talk to a trusted friend or family member about it. God ALWAYS helps in a situation like yours.

• Yes

Tell your parents. There are other cures for deppression.You don't HAVE to see a therepist. Most people just prefer that way.

I'm begging you. PLEASE, please don't suicide. It will cause everyone a great deal of pain.

And you should definitely tell an adult. You may not like it now, but you'll be glad of the decision.

Only if you really want to.

we get this life once. Think about it.