Does a brand new Dell Latitude E6500 come with a wireless card?

Got a brand new Dell Latitude E6500 and installed OS Windows Vista. After, tried turning on wifi with the switch on the side and got nothing. Is there something missing? We are computer savvy but this issue here is something else and can't seem to understand why a new laptop wouldn't have a wireless capability built-in. Please help by emailing because I can't seem to understand how to respond back if you have additional questions. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hi,

A Dell Latitude E6500 comes with wireless card from the factory.

Did you install the drivers after installing Windows Vista on the system?

Please check the device manager and see if the wireless card drivers are installed. If they are installed, it should be listed under the 'Network adapters'. If the drivers are not installed, it will appear under other devices. Let me know of you see any colored question mark (?), exclamation mark (!) or cross (X) against the device.

If the drivers are not installed, you may download and install the latest version from the link below:

http://dell.to/N6u34S

On the link, enter the system Service Tag and click on ‘Continue’. Select the operating system and it will display a list of available downloads. Wireless drivers would be located under ‘Network’ category.

You may also send an email to me with the Service Tag of the system so that I may look into the records and suggest further steps in case this does not resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. I will be glad to help.

Regards,

GauravS

#iworkfordell

You should buy those wireless adapter, that include bi-directional antenna, to enlarge the range of receiving the signal ... Best advice are those adapters in the variety of $forty five to $sixty five .... , manufactured by way of Belkin.