California questions? Please Help?

I'm planning to move to L.A at some point after I completely finish my education and i had some questions....All answers are appreciated. Xoxo 1. What is the job situation like there? 2. what is a cheap but nice part of town to live in? 3. I'm planning to become an actor,what is the luckiest part of town to audition in? 4. How much are doubledecker hollywood bus tours? And how long do they last? I would love to see where lana turner lived. 5. When it comes to the guauman's chinese theater, can anyone place their hands in the cement? I'm dying to see bette davis's handprints. :) 6. Are there any old moviehouses for classic movie lovers to tour? 7. what is the lgbt part of town?I am an new lesbian and i'd like to start meeting women. 8. What are some of the acting schools? The cheap ones. 9. How is the reception towards folks who are fat or plus-size?

Favorite Answer

1. L.A. has a very high unemployment rate and jobs are difficult to find.

2. The cheapest parts of the city are slums, the nicest parts are expensive.

3. Auditions may be held anywhere, it doesn't matter where you live.

4. The tours last about 2 hours, here's the website for the most popular one.

www.starlinetours.com

Lana lived on Maple Dr. in Beverly Hills

5. Anyone can put their hands ON the cement at Grauman's, but not IN it.

6. There are several, even a silent movie theater.

7. West Hollywood is the center of the gay community in L.A.

8. There are acting schools, but they can't teach real talent.

9. The atmosphere in L.A. is one of acceptance for all people.

1. It sucks. We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

2. There is no such thing as cheap and nice here. Even crappy is not cheap.

3. There is also no such thing as the “luckiest part of town to audition in”. Believe it or not luck has little to do with it.

4. There are several and most companies have more than one tour. It is easy enough to look up online.

5. If you mean can you put your hands on top of those who put their hands in the cement – yes you can.

6. Yes.

7. There isn’t “a” part of town – you can live anywhere, but some popular areas are West Hollywood, Belmont Shore, Laguna Beach and Silver Lake.

8. Don’t know.

9. Look around, no great in the movie and TV industry.

1. Still terrible.

2. No such thing as "cheap and nice." This applies to anything.

3. No such thing. Plus, if you're not working on acting classes now, then forget it.

4. It varies.

5. Not when they're wet.

6. Yes.

7. There's West Hollywood and parts of Long Beach.

8. No idea.

9. As you can see, very little.

• Jean

Just come here for vacation because

1. High unemployment rate

2. You can't cheap and nice at the same time unless you don't care about crime.

3. You are dreaming because we have people already here to be a actor ( or tried to and became homeless)

FIRST:

Come visit Los Angeles for a month at least. You will see the ups and downs of everything then decide if you want to stay or leave before you have no other option but to sit on the curb.

Source(s): 18 years of living in LA county. I know the wealthy and poor side of LA.

please wake up