Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need a phone number that APPEARS to be a landline. where to get?

I need a number that will appear to be a landline if anyone googles it etc. I have looked all around and all I can find is voip stuff, I am OK with that if it really appears to be a landline by all accounts....Ideally cheaper is better too, but I need it asap so Im kind of desperate

THANK YOU ALL :-)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • joe r
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

depends on who is looking for your number..

even if you ported a land line number.. if the person looks in the right place they can find the current provider and know the type of service that it is on..

try a google voice number.. should come up as a CLEC..

• Carl N
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

A company called Level 3 offers dial tone in most areas via resellers. I'd try http://www.phonepower.com/ and search for a number in your area. ASAP means you can go to some place like Best Buy or Wal Mart and buy the adapter and be up and running in a couple of hours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.