I need a phone number that APPEARS to be a landline. where to get?

I need a number that will appear to be a landline if anyone googles it etc. I have looked all around and all I can find is voip stuff, I am OK with that if it really appears to be a landline by all accounts....Ideally cheaper is better too, but I need it asap so Im kind of desperate

THANK YOU ALL :-)

• joe r
    Favorite Answer

depends on who is looking for your number..

even if you ported a land line number.. if the person looks in the right place they can find the current provider and know the type of service that it is on..

try a google voice number.. should come up as a CLEC..

• Carl N

A company called Level 3 offers dial tone in most areas via resellers. I'd try http://www.phonepower.com/ and search for a number in your area. ASAP means you can go to some place like Best Buy or Wal Mart and buy the adapter and be up and running in a couple of hours.