How much should I charge for video services?

I'm a teenager trying to start a video production service. The idea is that I have friends who are practicing musicians and they want me to do promo videos for them. However, the big question is... "How much?" I'm not good with numbers. There's a lot that would go into this whole... show more I'm a teenager trying to start a video production service. The idea is that I have friends who are practicing musicians and they want me to do promo videos for them.

However, the big question is... "How much?"

I'm not good with numbers. There's a lot that would go into this whole project for each video. What's a good method of pricing to go by? I have to script, get around to places to film, record the actual footage, and then edit it.

What would be a consistent method that I could use for pricing in any type of video, whether it be a single short music video or a full length concert. Should I charge by the duration of the finished product? Like, each minute of the film is X amount of dollars?

And once the method of pricing is decided, how much should I charge? I want it to be a profitable business for me but I don't want it to be so outrageous that people will think it is too expensive.

If you have any additional comments to leave for me, email me at kevinmahoney1995@hotmail.com.