Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Isn't Christianity kind of dumb?

Christianity is a ritualistic worship of Jesus. Do you really think someone as humble and good as Jesus would want the world to worship him in these ritualistic sort of ways?

Christianity wasn't even started by Jesus. It was started by one of his drunk friends.

I follow Jesus's teachings, I have a cross in my car, I pray to God when I am upset.

I do not follow the guy who kind of heard the story halfway and decided to profit from it.

If I am wrong, then tell me, but I think that the religions of the world got it all wrong.

I have a cross in my car because I want God to protect me and those around me. I am a Christian but I am beginning to think that it is just a ritualistic dance that we keep playing.

But the thing about the bible is that it was written by a bunch of people who probably did not know Jesus personally. So it is kind of hard to trust that it is really what Jesus would want me to do.

Favorite Answer

Dumb? It's one of the most vocal religions ever! It's adherents tell the good news about Jesus to whoever they can.

I don't do anything ritualistic, by the way and I certainly wouldn't be so superstitious as to have a cross in my car! Did you know that the Catholic church dropped Saint Christopher, patron saint of travellers, because they could find no evidence that he even existed? Now, wearing a Saint Christopher cross is what I call dumb!

• Nick M

Christianity was not started by a "drunkard," nor is Christianity dumb...

People have many opinions, and people have differing beliefs. In order to be a true Christian, one follows Jesus. One follows God's Commandments, and tries to help others. The road of a Christian is not easy. A real follower uses time for others, and seeks not selfish gain. A true believer loves the Christian and the Jew, the Muslim and the Buddhist, the religious and the non.

Christianity is a word which can be linked to "loving one's own neighbor" and putting the needs of others before the wants of oneself. A real Christian keeps God above all things, and has faith in Him. Again, the path is not easy...but following the Son of God is known to be worth temporary difficulty.

Peace

& warm regards

• fire

answer is no christianity is not dumb. but..

1.Christianity was actually the fulfillment of the OT laws and prophecies, not a new religion.

2. Cross is a pagan symbol, God said a person should not have any religious symbols

so you are wrong. Yes many of christianity churches began in 325 ce at the church of Nicaea , in which they began pagan teachings like trinity and cross. (which many cultures like egypt, Babylon, and others used it at symbol for persons anatomy).

It is no wonder why so many people are confused. Don't blame you. This includes adoption of religious customs and cultures into christianity. School is now over.

if you are really interested, and refuse to be lied too, then read the bible and confirm it with science, history, biology.

You just haven't found the right one for you. Some Christians do dumb things. I am Baptist but I would never EVER dream of doing things that the Westboro Baptist Church does. Ever. They are horrible people and our faiths are the same: Baptist. That just shows you how very different a group of people can be. Don't judge Christianity on some people and not others. You don't have to go to church in order to praise God. Read the Bible and you will know what Jesus wants you to do.

************

Part of being Christian is having faith and believing the Bible. If you don't believe the people who wrote it knew Jesus, then how on Earth do you figure you know Him?

• Debler

You bash God,and expect God to awnser your prayers,you accuse the Bible of being wrong,yet want protection from evil with your cross,sounds like you offer nothing God but insults,and yet expect things from him,whats wrong with this picture ?

Why do you have a cross in your car?

Do you think someone as humble (and positive) as Jesus would want people staring at an instrument of torture and execution while thinking of God? Really... what's wrong with that picture?

You are not wrong to refuse to worship Jesus, he never asked to be worshipped and told people to worship his father.

You are wrong to believe Christianity was started by on of Jesus "drunk friends", first century Christianity was started by the followers, family and eyewitness disciples of Christ.

Please contact Jehovah's Witnesses to find out how to worship God (both in and outside your car)

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/jes...

EDIT Using a piece of wood (or gold) to "protect you" is one more empty ritualistic gesture... so you are not so free of the lies after all are you.

Please learn more about the bible - the truth will set you FREE of crosses and other unbilical falsehoods.

#QUESTIONS Can we trust the BIBLE?

Yes we absolutely can. The Gospels were written by eyewitnesses or based on the testimony of eyewitnesses. They was written within the lifetime of those that could confirm the events therein and they contain clear evidence of divine inspiration (meaning God himself had a hand in their production).

Contact Jehovah's Witnesses for a free home BIBLE STUDY to learn more.

• Jesus stated that he and his father are one, meaning he is God, worthy of worship

• Religions confused everything, GOD hates wars, GOD hates religion....

• MOMMAH

Wow, SCATTERing, huh?

"Christianity wasn't even started by Jesus." ---- SAD you don't READ your BIBLE, though...

Christianity is nothing more than a tool. It is pure lies and deception. read here: ExposingChristianity.com

Source(s): ExposingChristianity.com JoyofSatan.org