Can you take Adderall and Zoloft together?

I have been taking Zoloft for about 6 months now. The first 4 months I took 50mg, for the past 2 months I have been taking 75mg and in about a week I am going to start taking 100mg. I take zoloft for my social anxiety. My doctor just put me on 10mg of Adderall XR about 4 days ago for my ADHD. I have heard that taking the two together can be bad but my doctor didn't say anything about it so I just wanted to know what could possibly happen by taking both. I also have a question about the side effects of both meds, while on the Zoloft I have noticed that my emotions have been kind of neutral or nonexistent, is that normal? After just starting the 10mg of Adderall XR I have noticed some odd stomach pains, they aren't really pains it is just the weirdest feeling in my stomach kind of like I have to burp... the Adderall hasn't seemed to help with my ADHD at all yet, I don't know how long it should take to start working or if I should talk to my doctor about upping the dosage. What other symptoms may I experience while taking Adderall, I know weight loss/loss of appetite is one of them. What have been your personal experiences with taking Adderall if you have ever taken it for ADD/ADHD. Thanks so much!!

Just to add, I also take 3mg of Melatonin every night to help with my sleeping problems.

Favorite Answer

theres no interaction with what you are taking, however, medication like adderall is a strong substance for your stomach. it is known for the side effect to have stomach pain, to relieve that, make sure you have something in your stomach so it doesnt hit as hard. also, it can make you have acid reflex, so watch what you eat, and if it still a problem, contact your doctor.

it can take weeks for your body to react to what you take, i.e. adderall, although, it is a strong stimulant, and you should "feel" the effects. you shouldnt feel high, but more focused and alert. if not, again, contact your doctor, your dose might be too low, or the dosage between the two is cancelling the adderall.

Source(s): pharmacy tech
  • godde

Mixing Zoloft And Adderall

• Flora

Obviously, if you're throwing up blood, YES there are some bad things you should worry about. NEVER mix medicines ESPECIALLY antidepressants. The doctor at the hospital will tell you the same thing.

Zoloft dosing information

Usual Adult Dose of Zoloft for Depression:

Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day

Maintenance Dose: 50 to 200 mg orally once a day

Comments:

-Dose adjustments may be made at intervals of at least one week.

-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and acute episodes of Major Depressive Disorder require several months or longer of sustained pharmacologic therapy.

Usual Adult Dose of Zoloft for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:

Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day

Comments:

Usual Adult Dose of Zoloft for Panic Disorder:

Initial dose: 25 mg orally once a day, increased after one week to 50 mg orally once a day

Maintenance dose: 50 to 200 mg orally once a day

Comments:

-These conditions generally required several months or longer of sustained pharmacological therapy beyond initial treatment.

Usual Adult Dose of Zoloft for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder:

Comments:

Usual Adult Dose of Zoloft for Social Anxiety Disorder:

Comments:

Usual Adult Dose for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder:

Continuous regimen:

Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day during the menstrual cycle

Maintenance dose: 50 to 150 mg orally once a day during the menstrual cycle

Cyclic regimen:

Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day starting 14 days prior to the anticipated start of menstruation through to the first full day of menses, and repeated with each new cycle

Maintenance dose: 50 to 100 mg orally once a day

Comments:

-The dose may be increased in increments of 50 mg per menstrual cycle, increased at the onset of each new cycle; dosage adjustments may also include changes between regimens.

-If a 100 mg once daily dose has been established with the cyclic regimen, a titration step of 50 mg per day for three days should be used at the beginning of each dosing period (luteal phase of the menstrual cycle).

-The effectiveness of sertraline for longer than three months has not been systematically evaluated in controlled trials.

Usual Pediatric Dose of Zoloft for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:

6 to 12 years:

Initial dose: 25 mg orally once a day

Maintenance dose: 25 to 200 mg orally once a day

13 to 17 years:

Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day

Comments:

-The dose may be increased at intervals of at least one week.

-The potential risks versus clinical need should be assessed prior to using this drug in children and adolescents.

Go To This Unreal Store ---> http://zoloft.out2.pw/8hs7n