Any hidden Wii Gems that I've missed?
While the Wii U is still a few weeks from being released & my Wii library is fairly comprehensive, I was wondering if there's ANY Wii games (Retail or Digital) that I might have missed.
BEFORE YOU ANSWER, please bear the following:
1) Please check my current library FIRST at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiH96... BEFORE making any recommendations! -- I'm not trying to brag about my library (as I have it in a spreadsheet to keep my question within Yahoo! Answer's text limit), but your recommendations are worthless if I already have it. My library may help give you an idea on what I might like as well.
Again, please do some research BEFORE posting your recommendations to avoid redundancies.
2) There's virtually no restrictions on release format. -- Retail, WiiWare & Virtual Console recommendations are all valid here. Therefore, don't restrict yourself to any one format.
The ONLY RESTRICTION I have to impose is that the game MUST be available in North America (NTSC-U). I know that other world regions (Japan, Europe, ect.) may have some cool games, but it's too much of a headache for me to modify my Wii to switch regions.
3) Please exclude the following games from your recommendations.
* Lego Indiana Jones
* Lego Indiana Jones 2
* Back to the Future: The Game
* The Sims 3
* Retro City Rampage (WiiWare)
These games have been tried & I either quickly cleared the game OR didn't care for the game's aesthetics / mechanics. In the case of Retro City Rampage, it's already on my purchase list, but it hasn't been released yet for WiiWare.
4) The more obscure the game is, the better. -- Again, I'm looking for hidden gems & NOT the big name AA / AAA titles. You're more likely to get selected for the best answer with recommendations like World of Goo (WiiWare) than Call of Duty: Black Ops (Wii, ect.)
Any recommendations would be helpful!
- χмуѕтєяуχgιяℓχLv 58 years agoFavorite Answer
I didn't see Rock Band on your list. I have that game, it's pretty fun. You should give it a try :)
And very impressive library i must say! Jealous!
- ?Lv 58 years ago
I've always been a fan of Mario Kart but they only did the 1 Retail and the 1 VC.
But there is a huge amount of fan made custom tracks. With those custom tracks Wiimm put together a distribution so there are a few sets of tracks that can be played online.
Making the image is simple, just download the 7z and extract the folder, then put your backup of MKW in the folder and run the create-image.bat
I personally have it save as a .wbfs but it can be saved as an .iso or a few other types
Then just play it with your loader
I know your question asked for Retail, but with these being so easy to create and widely distributed, it's hard to not mention them....
Plus they only distribute the files that modify the original Mario Kart Wii, you need to have your own copy of the game to make the custom game images. Think my favorite one is the Boost release
I didn't see Tecmo Bowl or International Karate on your list, some oldies but goodies.......
- 4 years ago
Good luck finding it, but LITTLE KINGS STORY. Don't be fooled by the cute cover and graphics for the characters. You control your townsfolk (who gladly do your bidding) in a PIKMIN controlled manner, literally flinging them into battle, and putting them to various tasks. World domination is your ultimate goal, but love is in the picture too. Treasure hunt for fun and profit and build and expand your army of workers. Motion controls are smooth and easy to adapt to. Endless fun.
- Anonymous8 years ago
ledgend of zelda twilight princess (best one ever)
cabellas dangerous adventures