I need advice, How to I tell my friends that I cant go out to clubs? Please read?

Hey, I need some advice with something so Im here. Im an 18 year old guy and I have just started university, and things are good, everything is very different from My life a year again. Im starting to make some new friends, and I am enjoying it very much, but the one problem I have is the nights out. Im not... show more Hey,
I need some advice with something so Im here.
Im an 18 year old guy and I have just started university, and things are good, everything is very different from My life a year again.
Im starting to make some new friends, and I am enjoying it very much, but the one problem I have is the nights out.
Im not the most outgoing person in the world, but the college organises nights out to clubs and bard etc .
My problem is that I really dont enjoy this kind of experience, I have a small form of epilepsy, but with strobe lights or flashing lights and loud music is a trigger for me to get Migraine pains and shooting pains in my head and sometimes down my back and arms,It is very hard to cope with as its quite painful, and when It happens I dont like being away from people who dont understand it. It makes clubbing or going to loud concerts or noisy places a bit of a problem for me, so I decide not to go.
But in college noone knows about this, and people keeping asking me, why arent you going out and why werent you there, we missed you etc. and I really hope people dont think im trying to avoid them.
Im quite ashamed to tell them about it because Its kinda embarassing to me and I dont want them to think im unwell. i dont know what they'd think of me.
I feel though that college life is centred around clubs and nights out, and that Im missing out on a huge part of college life and I that people wont want to be friends with me because they think im not a fun person to be with.
I make excuses saying that my parents just dont want me to go out and they wont let me (which is true to an extent), but I dont think they really buy that. I kinda think they know that theres something else up. I dunno. But I dont know how to tell them this or how I should, but i think im going to have to eventually, but i dont know how to explain this to them. I dont want them thinking im some sort of losser or sad case that I cant go out, I mean I can, its just i prefare a place thats not so busy with no flashing lights or loud music. What should I tell them, how should I approuch people to tell them, I feel Ive kinda lied to them saying my parents wont let me because they think im to you and they are just being mean :S Any advice ?