Juvenile Drug/Paraphernalia Possession for 17 years old?

I was arrested with my friend on Halloween. We smoked marijuana in a pool parking lot and when we came out cops were blocking us. They came over arrested us, and searched our car without saying anything. I kept quiet and cooperated, but my friend started to tell the cop that he never had the right to search his... show more I was arrested with my friend on Halloween. We smoked marijuana in a pool parking lot and when we came out cops were blocking us. They came over arrested us, and searched our car without saying anything. I kept quiet and cooperated, but my friend started to tell the cop that he never had the right to search his car. In my pocket was my phone, wallet, keys, and a bowl which was in there because I put it in after we were done. The cop found less than a gram of weed in the car (around 0.4 or 0.5 grams) . My friend was charged with Driving under the influence of marijuana and paraphernalia possession, and i got a citation for paraphernalia possession. (the weed was found in the console of my friends car). I have a court date set in about a month. I want to know whether i should plea innocent or guilty, and what the penalty will be. If it's a fine or time in juvie or what? Should I bring up the cop searching my friends car without asking? By the way, this is my first offence of anything. I have never been in trouble with the law before (if that helps)
Update: Also, I live in Maryland, so what are the charges for that?