Is the word 'bimbo' rude?

Obviously I know what it means haha but is it too rude to use in an essay to describe a character?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

A bimbo is a dumb, often promiscuous, blond woman, wether or not you can use it in your essay depends on your teacher. I've personally gotten away with a whole lot worst than that. It really depends on your teacher and how you use the word, if you're doing it for shock, or just to throw it no. But if it inhances your essay, by all means, use it.

It's not really good grammatical form to write in an essay. Most instructors want students to use descriptive words that have some significance, not slang, or cheesy words (like "cheesy") that we would use in casual speech. If you can describe what makes the character a bimbo, use that description instead; in writing, the best choice is to be specific.

if the shoe fits ...

Please give me the 10 points for best answer!!