When is it mandatory to register as a business seller on ebay?

Hello, I have a seller account on ebay. I would like to know when is it mandatory to open an ebay store or register as a business seller? I have an angry buyer who is threatening to report me because I have over 400 items listed for sell and I do not have an ebay store registered to my account. She claims ebay... show more Hello,

I have a seller account on ebay. I would like to know when is it mandatory to open an ebay store or register as a business seller? I have an angry buyer who is threatening to report me because I have over 400 items listed for sell and I do not have an ebay store registered to my account. She claims ebay urges buyers to report sellers that have a significant amount of merchandise for sale, as they have to register as a business seller and a store.

I don't plan on selling on ebay for long term. I just sell some used books and handmade items that my mom made some time ago that is taking up storage space. I would like to know when am I required to register as a business seller. I am not very familiar with ebay policies because I don't often sell on ebay. I've been trying to get rid of some things lately, which is why I've listed a lot of items.

Not that it’s relevant, but in case you were wondering, this particular buyer is extremely angry because she purchased an item, paid for it, and the next day sends me a message (after I have shipped the item) demanding me to lie on custom forms so she could save on import tax. I have stated in all my listings that I won’t falsify custom documents because it is against the law. I know some sellers do it, but that’s just something I don’t want to do. But either way, the item was already dropped off for shipping before I received the message. I told her this and she was furious, threatening to report me to ebay, to the government… and she said she will track me down to my address. (crazy lady right?!) Some of the messages she sent were to my personal email address that she pulled off of PayPal after paying. Unfortunately ebay can’t intervene with the private emails.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions as to what I can do to protect myself against such claims and how ebay works when it comes to a selling account. Thank you so much for reading this far! :)