? asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 9 years ago

Should the u.s. join Canada?

should the u.s. become part of Canada?

Favorite Answer

Canada does not want them. They would be so much more better off but it would lower Canada's high standards.

It is a American dream that just cannot happen sad for the US

Maybe if they paid off their debt first we may reconsider.

No, no, no and definitely not. In other words, no.

I'm a Canadian, right down to my red & white snowshoes, and we need the USA right where they are. If they became part of Canada, it would ruin everything.

Sure they have a few problems right now, but they'll work it all out. You'll never find a better country to visit than the United States. I've visited the US countless times, and I assure you that most Americans will go out of their way to make you feel welcome in their land. They'll hold doors open, smile, invite you to dinner, even give you a ride somewhere without even thinking of asking for anything in return. As friendliness goes, it doesn't get friendlier than that.

And then there's their culture. In what other country can you find a 24-hour taxidermy with drive-through service, or a place that literally serves steak and shakes on the same menu? Where else can you borrow more money than you could ever make or turn a stupid idea (ie: telephone, automobile, motion picture) into a reality just because some lender was crazy enough to believe in you?

Say what you want about the USA, but don't ever accuse them of needing to follow anyone else's rules. As great as Canada is, we're not the only country in North America who has earned a lot of respect.

The result would be the USA swallowing Canada.

No it must never happen. We fought two wars to stop the USA from taking over Canada. It is our country and must never be given up.

first of all, in the event that they believed in this unlawful conflict the way we seem to, they could help us with out becoming to be element of our united states, good? Sorry, merely using fact we would be a union, does no longer make our greenback to any extent further valued. the hot Amero, ( like the Euro ) is already interior the think of tank, alongside the a one international government. in case you prefer to assist what is going to ultimately be a one international government, than help the yank Union. I besides the incontrovertible fact that do no longer. All oil interior the international is bought and acquired on the yank greenback. we are in a recession, our greenback is almost valueless, so of direction the cost of oil is going up, because it takes greater US money to be rather well worth comparable to it did earlier Bush have been given into place of work. it somewhat is noted as the Petro-greenback. seem it up. Our united states is somewhat broken good now, putting a band-help on a broken leg could seem stable, yet would not resolve the subject concerns. If we do flow to an American Union, we are able to could desire to totally rewrite a shape to service all countries with us. After the ecu and American-Union are in place, Asian-Unions and something will type and fall into place, and at last the international will fall decrease than one rule, one dictator, elected and positioned into place by using the elite, and we could grow to be mere slaves to them. they are going to make all the regulations, there'll be one forex, according to risk merely an implanted chip, and decrease than their administration. SO be arranged to do as they are asserting, or they could turn your chip off, and you will now no longer be waiting to purchase, sell, artwork, consume.....

No. We don't want them to join us, and it will never happen.

We're two totally different countries, despite what people say. I can guarantee that if we joined together, there would be a massive civil war.

I like the States right where they are, and I'm sure they feel the same way.

The two countries will never agree because they are totally different countries. Never going to happen. Canada is too good for the USA.

this is the scariest hypothetical suggestion I've ever read.

I would flee the country so fast if I woke up tomorrow and was told that we were taking in America.

Possibly, if they are ready to change their political and social systems to those of Canada.

• ?

NO!!! never. We don't want the USA's debt or problems. We are just fine as is thank you.

WE DON'T WANT THEM!!! I love visiting America to vacation, but dear God I do not want to "become one" with them. No thank you.