Infantry Officers Course? (USMC)?

Any information? I'm literally obsessed with this career path, its almost all I've been thinking about lately. I'm 18 and active duty USAF and I'm just trying to prepare myself mentally and physically for whatever challenges lie ahead, OCS, TBS, IOC and beyond. If you know anything about it or even the Army's infantry officer course, please share gentlemen! thank you.

@Army Officer - Sir, I had no clue what I wanted when I enlisted at 17. Just money and a place to live. I didn't realize a lot of things about myself until about a year into my term of service.

• Tom
    Best Answer

This is the quickest path to becoming an Marine Infantry Officer for a guy in your current situation....

http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/stactive.htm

...however, Leatherneck, a 3.5 week optional Quasi OCS Course held at TBS, Camp Barret, Quantico, would be substituted for OCS(PLC, Bulldog, OCC.)

Might be informative with regard to service academy appointments:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylv=3?qid...

If a parent is active duty or retired military, a Presidential nomination is automatic by simply filling out the paperwork. The chance of branching Infantry is much better for West Point commissioned Officers. A lot better than for Army Rotc or Army Ocs commissioned officers.

http://www.career-satisfaction.army.mil/wp_overvie...

For the Marines, there are three choices prior to commissioning, regardless of commissioning source: Ground Officer, Naval Aviator(Pilot), Naval Flight Officer(Navigator.) Ground Officer Mos' Are selected/assigned at TBS based on performance at TBS. The class is split in thirrds: Top, Middle Bottom. Each 2nd Lieutenant ranks every available Mos. Each Mos is then assigned equally from each third to achieve an equal quality spread among Mos'. In other words the Lieutenant at the top of the bottom third, though out performed by 2/3 of the Lieutenants at TBS has precedence in selection over all Lieutenants but those at the top of the Top 1/3 and the Middle 1/3. [There is also the choice of PLC/OCC Law for Law Students aspiring to be Jag officers.]

Good Luck!

• ?

You won't be able to do anything about your obsessions until your USAF ETS, so just keep working at your AFSC, building up a good record.

On ETS, you can review your options.

Suggestion, enroll in Community College of the Air Force with a goal of getting an Associates degree. This will expand your desirability in further military service or civilian career or higher education leading to a Bachelors degree.

Source(s): Had obsessions once.

So...tell me why you joined the USAF again?

That is like having a dream of being an Air Force fighter pilot and joining the Army as a truck driver

Edit:

Gotcha! So what is your plan of action to make that goal become a reality?

Source(s): Me, a US Army Officer

it doesn't count number number what classes you're taking all you opt for is to get a level and goto OCS. so a techniques as which college to pass to until eventually you goto Annapolis all the different ones are the same and its all on your own selection. in basic terms be particular you locate the Officer determination Officer on your state and communicate over with him. then you quite opt for to score extreme in TBS to be able to %. your MOS and settle on what you opt for to do or you may want to end being a grant officer.

Its very hard core basic training for USMC USAF is the easiest but wheres the challenge there?

Source(s): Know a man call Jason E Walker Retired USMC Task Sergent