promotion image of download ymail app

Are 1199 union hospital/nursing home workers to be compensated for work during Hurricane Sandy?

Unfortunately my place of employment has been affected by Hurricane Sandy and is officially closed. I did happen to work that Monday, stayed overnight, but everyone was sent home the next morning so that Con ed could assess the damage. If you are a part time employee that is in 1199 would that person be granted pay during the week it's closed, or do you have to actually been onsite working to get compensated. I'm worried because I have financial responsibilities and don't know if I should look for something part time.

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    That would be something to ask your Union Rep.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    Ask your union rep. I can't imagine that you would get paid by your employer when there is a natural disaster. They may give you the option of paying yourself with any vacation time you have owed to you. Good luck.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.