Are 1199 union hospital/nursing home workers to be compensated for work during Hurricane Sandy?

Unfortunately my place of employment has been affected by Hurricane Sandy and is officially closed. I did happen to work that Monday, stayed overnight, but everyone was sent home the next morning so that Con ed could assess the damage. If you are a part time employee that is in 1199 would that person be granted pay... show more Unfortunately my place of employment has been affected by Hurricane Sandy and is officially closed. I did happen to work that Monday, stayed overnight, but everyone was sent home the next morning so that Con ed could assess the damage. If you are a part time employee that is in 1199 would that person be granted pay during the week it's closed, or do you have to actually been onsite working to get compensated. I'm worried because I have financial responsibilities and don't know if I should look for something part time.