where in the bible does it talk about extending the olive branch?

my friend tells me that in the bible it says to extend the olive branch only one time. can anyone tell me where to find this in the bible, please?

Favorite Answer

In Geneses 8 Noah sends out a dove several times to see if the earth was still flooded, and when the dove returned with an olive leaf he knows that the waters had receded. This became a symbol of peace, as well as the olive branch, and the dove represents the Holy Spirit. I don't believe there's anywhere in the Bible that says to extend the olive branch only one time, though. I know the Bible quite well and have never heard that.

I searched for "olive branch" but there was nothing like that:

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksear...

Jeremiah 31:31-34 speaks of a brand new covenant God will make with Israel and Judah that will not be in step with the covenant of their fathers for it will incorporate the Gentiles. Hebrews 8:7-13 explains this promise in further element. The old covenant has been made out of date by means of the brand new. Colossians 2:14 suggests that the old covenant was nailed to the cross of Jesus when He died on it. Hebrews 9:16-10:18 shows that after Christ died and was once raised from the useless, the brand new covenant between God and all of mankind (not simply the Jews) was once situated and is in outcome unto at the present time (10:19-39).

• Evan

From the flood story in Genesis.