Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 7 years ago

How can I get my videos on Youtube to stop saying copyright & matched third party content?

I make videos for a online role playing game and if I go to my video manager each video either says "copyrighted content" or "matched third party content" which causes them to be disabled in some countries.

This also causes an Ad in the top right corner of my channel.

Please take the time to read this and understand what I am saying.

Thanks!

I use music I purchase on itunes and give the rights to the site of the game.?????

• John
    Favorite Answer

When you purchase a song on iTunes, you are purchasing the right to listen to it on your personal electronic devices. You do not buy the rights to use it in a video production.

Look for public domain music, Creative Commons music, or other music for which you can get video production rights. Or get to know some local musicians. You might be able to get permission to use some of their original music, and they can be fun to work with.

You're better off not even trying to continue illegally posting your stolen materials. The more you put out there and the longer it stays up, the better your chances of having someone (ANYONE) email a link to the copyright owners of any of them, resulting in your being sued into permanent bankruptcy, if not also charged under federal criminal laws (if your theft exceeded a certain amount). Neither of these violations has any provision for "I didn't make any money and I gave them credit" as any sort of "defense". You either had the necessary license to re-publish those things, or you didn't. Simple.

If I rent a car for a weekend with "unlimited miles", does that give me the right to let my friends use it to drive across the country and back in a Cannonball Run? No, it would violate the terms of the license you obtained for possession. Similarly, "sharing" any iTunes violates the license you got from them. You could not only be sued for copyright infringement, you could permanently lose any right to contact iTunes, having shown you cannot be trusted with copies of things that don't belong to you.

Source(s): http://www.copyright.gov 18 USC § 2319
  • Vodkie

you're using music and games. STOP!

Paying for music, movies, games doesn't make you the copyright owner. It makes you owner of a copy to watch, listen to or play

Copyright literally means the right to copy. The record labels, film studios, game companies own that right.

Paying for the entertainment gives the buyer the right to listen, watch or play it, not copy it for others - So why are you copying the music AND Games onto youTube? You're not the copyright owner

You can't just "give rights" either. You can't just say "All rights go to... (Company here)" - if that company has not licensed you to post their material, it's copyright infringement.

all rights go to them, and none to you........... yet this is your video and you are responsible for posting it

• melin

movies with 3 hundred-320 or greater perspectives freeze and are merely as much as date once or twice an afternoon max. it somewhat is widespread YT prepare. the fact it rather is it copyright nonetheless skill that your could get a copyright strike at any time so pay attention. 3 and you lose each little thing.

Simple:

Stop illegally uploading copyrighted content and you won't get that message.