BarfingWhale asked in PetsFish · 7 years ago

single or double LED lighting?

i wanted to buy a light fixture for my tank but i got a choice of single LED holds same features as the double LED or double LED. main difference i actually know of is the price. double LED is double the price at about $121 for my tank.

i was wondering is their a significant difference at lighting like is the single LED duller then the double LED? is it much duller? or is their basicaly little difference?

this is just for a fish only tank with fake plants but then again i want bright tank

Best Answer

If you aren't growing live plants, then the single LED fitting will be plenty enough to light the tank and see the fish.

The "double" fitting are quite a bit brighter and that's needed for live plants. All they will do for you is grow more algae.

So in this case you can save some money and get the cheaper lights. It will also use less power to run, not a big deal, but it adds up over a few years.

Ian

Check with the shop. Coz every shop's not the same. For example, every shop that i went is different. At one, the single is just as bright as the double, at another, the double is better. And to make things harder, me n u are not even in the same country. Ask the staff to demonstrate to you. Test it before buying. Dont listen to the staff, their useless. It's your money, not theirs. Hope this helps..

Source(s): My opinion...

in case you in basic terms prefer to teach all of them on jointly, a single-pole, single throw change will do. merely connect the LED lamps in parallel (with man or woman sequence resistors if those are no longer equipped into the lamps).