Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

Why do people think they're cool because they smoke weed?

I'm 14 and in year 8 but all these guys who are my friends when they're not high or drunk are my friends and nice people. They truant school, miss important lessons and lose motivation due to their drug habits. So whats so cool about smoking weed, you barely get anything out of it except an empty pocket, a hunger which can never be satisfied, and many social issues. Anyone who smokes weed and thinks they're "cool" please discuss this topic with me and people who don't smoke bud, discuss with me other issues you have with people who smoke weed.

Favorite Answer

Coz YOLO.

Jokes, I'm not like that. I know what you mean. It's ridiculous - I guess it's because they think they're so rebel, going against the law and the police and stuff. I don't know, the rush?

Oh twelvies nowadays...

• Arnie

There's nothing cool about it. They know it's bad for you, they are probably aware that it is VERY bad for you, they know it's against the law, they know it's a waste of money, they know it is a stupid thing to do. But they do it anyway and pretend they're really cool because they're a pack of pathetic losers and there is no other way for them to set themselves apart from everyone else without some sort of effort. Ha, how "cool" is that.

But wait, there's more. In these dope smoking circles you will find that those individuals who smoke more dope than anyone else can handle, actually gain respect from the others. So, the more dope they smoke, the cooler they are.

My advice: stay clear of these people.

Source(s): I have seen things like this happen in so many places and it's the same story everywhere.

I am 19 years old and literally just the other day tried pot for the first time... It was so stupid! Just a lazy feeling that lead to hunger (I did get amazing sleep though which was nice because I have imnsamia) but I would never purposely destroy healthy brain cells for that. Kids now a day think getting into trouble or "adult" fun makes them cool and thats all it is. Trust me kid, stay away from that bull crap and stay good in school. Once your graduate you'll be happy you took my advice and see how "cool" your friends are when their jobless. I would change my group of friends if I were you before they peer pressure you into smoking. Good luck kid (:

Source(s): My brother smoked and drank since 13 (now 20) has no job, no college and needed adult schooling and lives at home. And me who has smoked once at 19 and drank the first time at 17 graduated high school, now two years in college, successful job and lives on my own!
  • OV

At that age they probably think it's cool because it's against the law. It's forbidden but they have access to it. As an older smoker myself, it is enjoyable. If you still smoke as you get older, it seems to become more frowned upon (probably because of increased responsibilities like jobs) and so you try to hide it and almost feel embaressed by the fact you smoke weed...

I think most of thinking their cool comes from starting something new and enjoying it. I think anyone gets a self confidence boost if you start a new hobby or sport and like it or are good at it. Similar to that. Hopefully they tone it down in a few years. Please don't think everyone that smokes weed is a loser.

If they think its "cool" then its probably because there 14, however most users don't care about the image of it - they do it because its something they find enjoyable same way other people find watching basketball enjoyable. In a nutshell - people smoke it because they like it, pure and simple.

p.s - As you get older you will find its nothing to be bragging about, you will still only smoke it because you like it, and thats the reason why i smoke it :D

I think most people dont somke cus they want to be "cool" . Its just another way to relax, forget your problems for a while. Of course you shouldnt do it too often but sometimes it can be great. But not with 14years...

It's because they are insecure at how badly they are failing at succeding in a normal life that they must turn to cheap thrills to stop themselves feeling depressed. They act as if it's cool in a pathetic attempt to justify their behaviour to those around them

Smoking never makes someone cool. It is just a myth. It kills the person who smokes and people around slowly... Its like eating slow poison.. Please stay away from it.. :)