promotion image of download ymail app

What is the fastest and easiest way to get my boyfriend to the United States with me?

My boyfriend has never come into the united states illegally and we have not yet got married. We want to get married in Guatemala where he is from, but i want to know what the fastest way to get him here is legally. We have had a baby together that unfortunatly passed away from a rare disease. After that passing we went throufh alot and now i just need him with me asap. Is there a way he can come back with me right away after going there to get married?Can someone please give me guidance on this please?

6 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    the fastest way would be to file an I-129f fiance petition for him and marry him in the US, assuming you're an American. you could file that tomorrow if you like with USCIS. it still takes some time to process though and get an interview appointment, 6-8 months, sometimes more. plus, you'd have to marry within 90 days and then file an I-485 adjustment of status form so he can get a green card. that costs over $1000 to file and process. otherwise, if you marry there,you'd either have to return to file the I-130 petition or send it to the US by mail. that route will take 8-10 months, sometimes longer. but he would be able to get a green card after he entered without filing the I-485. there aren't any real options for him to come asap unless he applies for and gets a tourist visa. chances for approval are not very good.

    edit: unfortunately, Lori J is wrong on Direct Consular Filing. the only way they would allow that is if you've been legally resident in Guatamala for at least 6 months. otherwise you'll have to file through USCIS in the US. you can see this for yourself at here is what it says:

    Most immigrant visa applications begin when a family-member who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident submits a petition (Form I-130) on behalf of the intending immigrant to an office of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In a limited number of cases, if the petitioner can demonstrate current residence in Guatemala for at least six months, the petition may be filed with the DHS office located in the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala. For more information, please click here to visit the DHS Guatemala Field Office web page.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago


    Source(s): Get Ex Back Permanently :
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lori J
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

    The fastest way is to go there and get married and DO NOT RETURN here to file the paperwork file it at the US embassy in Guatamala City, they have a USCIS office there and you can use a procedure called Direct Consular Filing to file the I-130 petition there, it is much faster than filing it from the US. When it is filed from the US it takes about 8 to 10 months. However when filed abroad it usually only takes about 2-3 months to process. A huge difference! By far the fastest way! Here is the link to read up on it and the instructions and a list of things you will need. Good Luck!

    Source(s): Law Clerk specializing in immigration issues
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    you go there to get married .. you return and file for a spousal visa ...

    ensuring you earn enough for the affidavit of support

    spousal visa CR1

    the fiancee visa is slightly quicker

    either way takes time

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    you should get married with him.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    mariage actually.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.