So am i being selfish?

i recently found out a place near me is hiring. i posted a status about it on facebook cuz i was really excited cuz i need a job soooo bad and ive never had one. my friend saw the status and asked me what place is that, thats hiring. i was very reluctant to tell her cuz she already has a job but doesnt get that much hours but i want the job opportunity for myself cuz i truely NEED the money for college. plus her mom could always hook her up with a job at the court house.

So was i being selfish???

Favorite Answer

She sounds like she's set. Take care of yourself for once. It's not selfish to take care of your basic needs, that's called living. You're ok.

I don't think that's being selfish. It's not as if you're making her miss out on an oppurtunity of a life time! And if she truly is your friend she wouldn't try to take this job away from you!