Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 8 years ago

What is there outside of the Universe?

If the Universe is everything in existence, then can there possible be such a thing as "beyond" or "outside of" the Universe?

Is this mystery where the myth of God or Supreme Creator arises?

Can human beings ever possibly answer the question, "what is beyond the Universe?"

If so, then how would they go about answering this?

If we can never answer this, will the creation myth live forever among our species, until we ultimately become extinct?

What are your thoughts?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Justin
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To be honest nobody knows, there are only theories.

My thoughts are is that everything complicated breaks down into something simpler.

We know Mass breaks down into energy.

I believe energy breaks down in to distortions in space and time.

I believe that space and time are just distortions of existence.

And existence is created by distortions of Nothing.

I also believe that everything in the universe adds up to nothing. Meaning that If you add all of the energy and mass up inside of our universe (space and time) it will sum up to zero (due to negative energy and mass) If you sum up all of the space within our existence, it will sum up to zero (due to what I call negative space and what I think is dark matter (why it is hard to detect)) And for everything that exists there must also be its equivalent anti-existence which sums up to nothing. I believe all of these agree with the laws set forth by physicists today and explains a little more. I can go much deeper if you'd like and you can email me at notJustin43@yahoo.com

I also believe that nothing exists unless if it has to exist. Using Young's double slit experiment as an example. What happened in this experiment was that they fired a single electron at a time at a non-conductinve sheet with two slits in it. On the display wall behind the sheet there was an interference pattern occurring...meaning that (like a wave) the electron (particle) was passing through both slits at the same time and cancelling parts of itself out just as a wave does, causing the interference pattern. When the scientists starting attempting to observe which slit or how the electron moved through the individual slits, the wave wave function collapsed and started behaving like mass again and the interference pattern was no longer seen.

What this means is that the electron was existing as a wave ( less specific information ) because it did not have to exist as the more specific information of a particle until it had to in order to preserve the information of an observation. Everything specific you see in this universe has to exist in order to preserve information and nothing else. So if something say as small as an individual electron ( which may be unlikely needed to exist in a particle form because it is so small) won't exist in particle form until it is forced to. This is also true for larger particles such as hydrogen atoms, in which young's double slit experiment also produced an interference pattern until observed. So, even our large planets, would only exist as a wave of possibilities if they weren't needed to preserve observations (observations not necessarily meaning living organisms).

Also when observing something not very specific, such as an electron wave function, the more specific result (the particle form) will have a probability field of where it is forming...it is most likely to form in a certain area...but that is not guaranteed. If you rewound time and observed it in an identical manner it could be in a completely different, but similar, location.

This means that an initial observation of the universe being a total sum of nothing....could produce a more specific variation of nothing producing a pair of opposites....say a -1 and 1...but still having the total sum of nothing. This is how something can be produced from nothing....but the problem is there has to be an observation....so it does nothing but support creationism.....but by who is the widely debated question of the ages.

Source(s): Self-Proclaimed Theorietical Physicist :p Please e-mail me I would love to go into a better and longer more detailed explanation if you're interested in the subject. notJustin43@yahoo.com I love it when people thirst for knowledge and have their minds open enough to process the information.
  • Jared
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

"Is this mystery where the myth of God or Supreme Creator arises?"

NO!!! Up until recently (the last 100 years) there was no notion of anything outside of the universe. The universe, literally means, EVERYTHING. At first the universe was Earth, then it was the solar system, then it was the galaxy--now it's our observable universe...

...the thing that modern day religious folk don't understand is that 500 years ago, people actually believed that God was real and that you could observe him. They believed there was a real, true, physical entity and that heaven was a real, physical place...now, with overwhelming evidence to suggest that he's not real and that heaven does NOT exist (everywhere where it was supposed to exist prior to human exploration), religious folk just change their views...now God isn't "real"--he's spiritual. Heaven doesn't exist, it's only for "spirits"...

The creation myth will NOT live forever and in fact, I'd be surprised if it lasted for another 100 years. As we become more technologically advanced religion seems more and more quaint. Religion will be gone in 100-500 years. We will study Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc. as we currently study Greek and Roman mythology and Egyptian deities.

...as for what is beyond our universe, I have no idea. The most sane view right now is to say that there is nothing outside the universe--just plane nothing. The universe is everything that exists and outside doesn't even make for a sensible question...

...on the other hand, the sane view 150 years ago would have been simple mechanics--quantum mechanics would have been a ridiculous idea. It's possible that there is something outside of our universe, but most likely it's just another universe, somehow "parallel" to ours. There is no heaven or hell and there's no mechanism for "spirits" to some how defy the laws of physics and go from inside the universe to outside of it, instantaneously.

• 8 years ago

Time and space exist because this universe has these two dimensions. Other dimensions and concepts may be scattered across all that we do not know. It does not have to be time after this universe or by that matter before.

For example, where does the mass that is pulled into black holes go to? It is clear that it is no longer in our space and time, because all that stellar matter would not fit in a single point.

There is no simple answer to this question. Since we do not possess the capabilities to explore a space that is beyond our senses at the moment, we cannot know what is beyond. As it is unobservable, it is only a subject of our speculation. There are mysteries inside that we have not unraveled yet.

If you believe in religion, only God knows.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That's a good question that crosses religious, metaphysical, and astronomical views. There are many theories to go over, or one known as 'The theory of Everything'. Or 'The Multiverse theory'.

See the Universe is just one cosmic bubble in hyperspace. Due to hypertension, the particles in hyperspace. Those bubbles move around as one string that balances them as dimensions that are curled on top of another. Those dimensions are really just stacked over in separate groups. That is String Theory.

The Equation

-------------------

Aη = 2π/η × 4π▼π^2[a » b]

So it's just a separate form of duality.

''Was the universe once the size of a single electron?''

YES!!! The universe expanded throughout within the movement of many particles that moved forming gravity, that explains how matter expanded from the orbit of an atom.

Other universes exist. And they exist in hyperspace.

But ask this question, ''What is outside of Hyperspace?''

That will be more to discover in the world of Cosmology.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • You're asking a whole lot of separate questions, most of them a sort of metaphysical blend of science and religion. The idea of God or gods arose long before our present day understanding of the universe. Today there are conflicting theories about what is "outside" the universe. According to strict big bang theory, there is no "outside". Time and space only exist in this universe, which may or may not be infinite. There is also a multiverse theory, or brane concept, whatever you want to call it. It suggests our universe is a collision of two extra-dimensional membranes, and outside of this exist still higher dimensions. Can anyone say for sure? Of course not.

• 8 years ago

u num 6-1

hope it helps

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

more universes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.