why dont guys like SMART women? :(?

Ok , so i am 16 in the 11th grade & im not very popular or pretty or likable for that matter & the only thing i really have to show up for the fact that im not pretty or likable is the fact that i am really SMART. But still , people dont like me. i feel as if people like me even less because im always the teachers pet. i barely have any friends , except one.

any advice on how to be more social & make more friends?

sorry if this question does`nt make sense , im not in the mood to make sense i just want advice -_-

Favorite Answer

I can't speak for all other men, but personally I like intelligent women. What I don't like, however, is arrogant women. Sometimes smart people come off as arrogant. Sometimes smart people come off as unsociable because they are often introverted.

On the other hand, if you're not only smart but are a responsible young lady, you are not the kind of person that irresponsible people want to be around because you're good behavior is a condemnation to their bad behavior. In other words, when people are convicted by their conscience that their behavior is wrong, they tend to hate people who do good because their own bad behavior is shown for what it is by contrast.

For your part, take some initiative to say "hello" to people and invite people to do things with you. If you want friends, you have to be a friend. Smile and be friendly. Look people in the eye. Listen and don't feel compelled to demonstrate your intelligence. If you lack a positive image of yourself and see intelligence as your only good trait, you may be tempted to flaunt your intelligence; this will only turn people off. Instead of trying to make people like you, you should make an effort to like other people.

My only word of caution is to not be so eager for friends that you seek friendships with people who would be a bad influence on you - people who are sexually promiscuous, disobedient to parents, indulge in alcohol or drugs, and so on. People who will drag you down are not real friends, so don't allow yourself to be deluded by attention from such people.

First off, don't down yourself so much! You have to think positively & be confident. High school is like a big pool with hungry sharks in it :) it's hard to get thru, for everyone (even those who are 'popular' . But I will say if you don't like yourself no one else will either, so try to play up your best features physically & personality wise. I'll be honest and say, no one likes a teachers pet kiss ***,so maybe tone that down a little bit. Then try to get more involved, student committees, clubs, if you are athletic maybe go out for softball or soccer in the spring....and if nothing else you could always go for one of those 'christian' clubs that love anyone & everyone. Just remember be nice & open with others. Sometimes when you hold back or are reserved, people take that as you being standoffish and unapproachable. Good luck!

Source(s): Make friends easily, and was friends with mostly every cliche in high school

Well my advice be more socially likeable, honestly in my school I have seen the absolute appitimy of chicks get amazing boyfriends. Seriously as I guy being smart is nice, but if your less than a 6 hypothetically speaking. And your not likable I'm actually going to go out of my way to avoid you.

• dude

I'll try to answer even though I am way past the teen years. Somewhere along the lines of growing up, girls are smarter than boys. Boys are intimidated by smart girls. Socially what tends to happen is teenage girls dumb down to be liked. Generally speaking in America, it isn't cool to be smart either.

I don't know why, but there it is.

Because guys are afraid of smart woman. Intimidated.

Just let others know that you are friendly and not serious. Let the funny, inviting and playful part of yourself shows and others will feel comfortable with you and will approach you.

Good luck!!:)

• Jon

Be funny and interesting, and take and interest in other people. Talk to them and try to fond out about them. Oh, and stop being a teacher's pet. That might be hurting your chances.

Because they're women. Gay dudes like other dudes. This is not hard.