how much do you pay for title insurance (buy or sell house)?

you need a lawyer?

or you can just using the house agency

• zafir
    Favorite Answer

You don't need title insurance, see my answer to your other question on this matter.

Not sure what you mean about title insurance...

When you buy a property usually you hire a lawyer to check the title , handle all the other necessary searches , transfer the title & attend to the financial settlement ...

There are statutory charges like government stamp duty , search fees & the lawyers costs..the total will depend on the value of the property & whether or not it turns out to be a straight forwrard transaction.

Source(s): J...
  • Neil

What is this "title insurance"? Never heard about it before. Does it apply in a particular State?

• C.M. C

HK, I know where your coming from, the Australian system is different to what we are used to. Check of title and transfers are dod by lawyers over there, here we can also use Notaries.

I've done my own conveyancing in the past using this kit http://www.legalkits.com.au/conveyancingkits/diy.h... . See if you can get your hands on one for the state you're buying in. It will answer all these questions and more.