Is it better to be fake? It seems like everyone in college is happier, has more friends, and better time fake?

I'm about to give up being genuine, real, and a nice person doing the "right" thing. Everyone here is very "fake" rude, not personable, and just downright rude, and judgmental.

I'm a bit tired of being nice because I feel like I don't receive it in the end. What do I do? Is it better to be FAKE?

That is what everyone here is, and I feel like many people here are fake, rude, ignorant, dumb, stuck-up, and stand off-ish.

I'm a very real person and genuine I feel like, but my sister is very "fake" and follows the trends and avoids people alot and is very fake about things. She uses my parents for their money, treats me like absolute ****, manipulates me, exaggerates everything, constantly needs attention... how do I deal with this?

My parents end up loving her more as well because I don't feed my parents what they want and see, which is her being super nice and fake and feeding my parents with fake love and fake conversations so she could get the money, and my parents are so blind they don't see it.

My actions are for good cause and good intentions, but I will mostly likely always be real and be nice most of the time but it won't be fake nice, like when my psycho depressed dad wants me to be fake nice.

I'm about to give up because I feel like people who are fake and don't have good intentions and are bad people and manipulate have a way better time than people who are genuinly nice and do the right thing to people and society and are actually good.

What are your thoughts? Do fake people who do bad things have a better time off and should I join them because karma doesn't exist and doing good won't have an effect on how my life is and how I feel?

Do manipulative people and fake people get more out of life? Because life doesn't have any effects or karma, if you get away with someone you get away with it?

Thanks for your thoughts :/

BTW, I live in Estero, FL (Southwest Florida) where people are so rude, judgemental, keep to themselves, and conservative, I don't know what to do about it!!

Is it better to be fake or what?

Thanks for your thoughts

Favorite Answer

it is better to be real

here is some advice i received (some i took & some i did not) - not in any particular order:

- always treat people the way you would like to be treated

- when a door closes, a window opens

- this life you are living now is not a dress rehearsal

- you have the ability to control your life - only you - no one else

- don't look at the superficial essence of people - look inside of their soul

- if you have to sign a legal document – take it home & review it overnight. preferably, see an attorney to protect your interests. remember, if it seems too good to be true - it probably is !

- don’t let people be bullied & don’t be a bully

- every time you make love to someone, you give a piece of yourself away. you don't have too many pieces inside of you to give away – so be selective

- learn something new every day

- find the path to your own happiness ! you are in charge of your own happiness. remember, you are responsible for how you get out of bed every day & how you plan your day

- when you receive a gift, or someone does something nice or thoughtful for you ? acknowledge them – send a thank you note.

- you can encourage others to move ahead – always pay it forward !

- do volunteer work - it enriches the soul & lets you see how other people live their lives & survive their day to day existence

- when someone you care about hurts you ? you can hold on to anger, resentment & thoughts of revenge - or embrace forgiveness & move forward. forgiveness frees your soul

- sometimes you feel alone on this planet earth. it is normal to feel this way. however, always remember that all you have to do is reach out & ask for help. no matter where help comes from, or what it is ? please accept it graciously

- when you get a job ? save something from each & every paycheck you get – even if it is a dollar. it helps you plan for your future & sets up good habits for savings right from the beginning. place this money in an interest bearing account

- every once in a while, take an inventory of your life. make a five year plan. write down your goals so that you know what they are. be very specific. writing down your goals & thoughts for the future will help you reach for the stars, even when you are down & feel all is lost

- give more then you receive – you will never be disappointed !

- always be yourself !

- the joy is in the journey. do not give up on this journey called life !

- don't watch tv too much, play video games too much, or have too much internet interaction - it fries your brain & can encourage laziness

- don’t use profanity. it is a show of disrespect for yourself & those around you. there are millions of words out there – use them to express yourself !

- challenge yourself – don’t always take the easiest choice given to you or travel a path preferred by others – take chances

- make yourself do something different once in a while

- in order to give & receive love, you have to love yourself first - make loving yourself a priority in your life !

- drink v8 juice

- brush & floss your teeth at least two times per day

- don’t expect people to come to your rescue all of the time – learn to be self supportive

- drink lots of water – stay away from soda pop

- go to the library & / or book store – read !

- go for walks

- sometimes, when you can’t smile ? force yourself to ! it encourages your inner psyche to survive the “blues” that comes over each & every one of us, from time to time

- don’t judge others. they have a life to live, just like you do. try to see the other side of the coin

- keep a journal

- remember, it’s not the mistakes we make that define us, it’s how we deal with them

- listen to music – it keeps you connected to your inner soul & to the universe – all of which are very important to survive on this planet

- always strive for a better education

- encourage people around you – especially strangers

- remember, we are all created equal – g*d does not make mistakes

- never, ever give in or give up

peace

☮†♂☺♥☻♀†☮

I don't think you should become a manipulative and fake person. It may not seem like karma isn't true but trust me, someday it will come back around. You are doing the right thing being real and genuine. Don't let the surrounding negativity get to you. Someday things will be different. Someday, you can move away from this city and find people who are more like you!

The only thing I will say about being fake is sometimes it is easier to let things go than to argue with people over small things. Whenever I am annoyed I remind myself to "choose my battles wisely". I am not sure if you get into a lot of arguments for being real but if you do, sometimes the best choice is to let it go. You may see that as fake but sometimes it's the best choice.

You sound like you are a good person and I hope you don't change that about yourself. Many smart people can tell the difference between someone who is genuine and someone who is fake and these are the people that you should be around, because they are like you!

Good luck.

NEVER and I mean NEVER change because of the people around you. You should be happy you are the way you are. There aren't many people like you left. The only thing you have to do is start treating people the way they treat you or just cut people out of your life that are "fake". If people around you are fake, rude, ect., why would you want to be like that?

a million. I hated which you used that lots "pretend" in those paragraphs. It made me recoil. 2. relies upon what you mean via pretend. merely by using fact somebody has greater pals and is "nicely-known" would not advise they're pretend. as an instance: If a guy or woman it rather is a "nerd" says to a different guy or woman "that guy or woman mentioned something approximately you merely given which you're nicely-known" they are going to think of that nerd is out of their clever brains by using fact they do no longer even attempt being nicely-known. they're who they're and that they've pals they get alongside with and that's it. 3. you may no longer be "pretend". merely be who you're and in case you crave pals lots merely seem around for somebody and you will hit upon a mate. while you're beneficial then shop on being beneficial and form it rather is going to pay off sometime. that's what I shop on telling myself. 4. you may no longer decide human beings. you don't be responsive to they're previous and that lots approximately them. I guess in case you spend greater time with a number of those human beings and positively unfolded to them slightly whether it rather is obtainable then there's a intense threat which you will possibly be able to definitely get alongside. SORRY FOR long answer

No, not at all! Period! Always be yourself! Don't just follow the crowd and make all the wrong decisions, trust me!