Can i be denied workmans comp for not asking to be drug tested?

I was hurt at work(cut top of my hand with a grinder), went to the E.R. and received stiches. When I went back to work my employer informed me, that because I didn't request a urine test his, I will have to pay the bill myself! Is that how it works.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • bobby
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Your employer is full of B.S, besides, you are not the one that would be requesting a urine test. If there was any suspect for any reason, your employer must be the one to request the urine test. Go file your workmans comp, your employer is trying to get out of it.

• 8 years ago

Not in the US anyway. File with the state and tell them what the boss said. They take a dim view of employer's trying to get out workman's comp.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Usually, if you get hurt on the job they require you to get a drug test. It's up to them to make sure you take one. You are never required to ask for one.

You must work for a small shop/employer.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

At this point you just need to report your accident to your supervisor and seek legal assistance form a qualified attorney.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

They first might desire to instruct that (a million) the drug use might have interfered including your artwork, (2) which you surely have been decrease than the impression of the drug at a similar time as AT artwork, and (3) that your injury wasn't led to by utilising the risky artwork environment. Say case in point that i'm a nutrition worker at Disneyland and a rollercoaster out of nowhere comes crashing down and breaks one in each and every of my legs. they are in a position to't deny my employees reimbursement declare merely because of the fact I smoked weed the week once I have been given out of the wellbeing facility. If i replaced right into a rollercoaster restoration guy and the attempt replaced into close adequate to while i replaced into on the activity, they might. the commonest factor is they might desire to instruct that the risky difficulty replaced into led to in many circumstances by utilising you and not their shoddy artwork environment.

• 8 years ago

haha i NEVER heard of that.... i think hes trying to scam you... still file!

Source(s): HR rep
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.