what should i do about my car?

i have a 2000 oldsmobile intrigue. it has about 235000 mileage. i dnt know if yall needed that but anyway yesterday my boyfriend put the water cap on wrong and it started to over heat all the way. he forgot and he took the cap off while it was really hot so it popped off and started to let out a lot of white smoke and half the water came out but we added water and continued to go. when we was leaving it started to overheat again n it said the water tank was low so we put a little more water just to get back home. then this morning it was low n as again i put water. n i just noticed there's no water n its leaking b/w the water tank n the engine. so any suggestions. i don't know anything about cars :/

Favorite Answer

Not sure I understood everything at the end there, but it sounds like you have a radiator leak. If it's as bad as you make it sound, you'll likely need to replace the radiator, which would run you a few hundred dollars at your local auto repair shop (http://www.ehow.com/how_7622608_replace-radiator-o... If it's the water reservoir that is leaking (typically a clearish plastic container with a hose running to it from the radiator and an overflow hose running over the side. I believe it is in the front, just left of center in this picture: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&s... that's much cheaper to replace. Furthermore, I'd suggest putting in radiator fluid instead of water (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prestone-Dex-Cool-Extend...

Source(s): Research and auto knowledge.
  • inzano

so a good distance as i understand, whoever "hits" has the legal duty or is "at fault". In different words, coverage firms and regulation enforcements point of view is, "while you're following all the regulations of the line and protection, there is on no account any reason to hit something." Now, if there became ice on the line, that could atleast make issues lean greater on your prefer, yet i think of you are able to desire to have a photo taken that day of the stretch of highway you slid on. this is why they are asserting you are able to desire to continuously have atleast a disposable digicam on your vehicle to take a photo of an twist of fate and twist of fate scene on the day of the twist of fate, alongside with a cellular telephone, your coverage suggestion, driving force's license and registration. optimistically you have vehicle coverage which pays even no count if it is your fault, or if no longer, an incredible sort of pals and kin which will make it easier to in this time of disaster. there's an incredible sort of alternative factors to contemplate: became the two of the drivers driving whilst impaired, or in a hurry, did the two flow away the scene of the twist of fate earlier regulation enforecement arrived, what sort of automobiles have been in contact, did the two have vehicle coverage-dl license-registration-etc... So optimistically, possibly there is different factors that are on your prefer right here. In the two case, it somewhat is a take-heed call to alwayscontinual wisely and defensively and keep as lots area between you and different shifting automobiles or products as available, have a seat belt on, and have no distractions like listening to the radio, eating, eating, talking on a cellular telephone, etc... i understand all this using fact i've got been driving for years now, and characteristic in basic terms been in some injuries. In each twist of fate different than one, somebody hit me and for some reason none of them even had a driving force's license!!!! interior the twist of fate the place I hit somebody, I rear ended somebody, merely such as you probably did. So because I "hit", it became my fault, even nonetheless the vehicle in front of me stopped short and actually speedy, no longer giving me any time to give up. the only ingredient that saved me became that the vehicle I hit left the scene of the twist of fate, and, from what I understand, it became some sort of coverage rip-off on the element of the different driving force.