Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

christain: If Peter denied Jesus before men--3 times--will jesus deny him before his Father?

He REPENTED? So, it's okay to deny Jesus, so long as you aren't right with God when you do it?

Favorite Answer

Jesus called him Satan once. If the devil being called a serpent once is enough to make people believe the garden of Eden snake was Satan, why isn't being called Satan by Jesus enough to conclude Peter is Satan?

• bible

The rock that Jesus said is the statement that Peter made, no longer Peter himself. Jesus used 2 Greek words for rock contained in the textual content. He suggested "you're Peter (Petros) and through this rock (Petra) i visit construct my church." a million. Petros and petra replicate diverse genders—the former is masculine, the latter is female; accordingly a huge enormous difference is drawn. 2. Petros is in a lot of cases a smaller stone, a fragment; petra is a extra huge, bedrock-like substructure. 3. Christ well known between petros and petra by using pronouns of diverse man or woman. Petros has a second man or woman pronoun as a spouse, even as petra is used with a nil.33 man or woman pronoun. 4. contained in the symbolism employed by Jesus, Peter is exact because the only which opens the doors to the dominion (which he did for Jew and Gentile—Acts 2; 10). it isn't commonplace for an merchandise to occupy 2 roles, e.g., the muse and door-opener, mutually interior a similar metaphorical representation. subsequently, it really is Peter's declare that Jesus change into the Christ that's Petra, as against Peter who's Petros. Now as to the denial, Jesus also instructed Peter that "Simon, Simon, listen! devil has requested permission to sift all of you want wheat, yet I have prayed for you that your man or woman faith gained't fail. once you've grew to change into back, you should advance your brothers." (Luke 22:31-32) So Jesus knew Peter would deny Him, and would also be restored.

NO, it is just the opposite and Jesus said so.

"31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”"

He accepted the gift of repentance just as Judas rejected it. You are preaching Semi-Pelagianism , the heresy of the immature and the stupid.

"The Roman Catholic Church condemns semipelagianism but affirms that the beginning of faith involves an act of free will. It teaches that the initiative comes from God, but requires free synergy (collaboration) on the part of man: "God has freely chosen to associate man with the work of his grace. the fatherly action of God is first on his own initiative, and then follows man's free acting through his collaboration". "Since the initiative belongs to God in the order of grace, no one can merit the initial grace of forgiveness and justification, at the beginning of conversion."

When we say the Our Father "don't let us succumb to the testing' we mean it DUH.

The grace of final repentance is a GRACE. This is so important that on that alone St Augustine would be one of the greatest of theologians. You seem to be a predestination Calvinist. A shame.

From the Catechism

2016 The children of our holy mother the Church rightly hope for the grace of final perseverance and the recompense of God their Father for the good works accomplished with his grace in communion with Jesus.70 Keeping the same rule of life, believers share the "blessed hope" of those whom the divine mercy gathers into the "holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."71

• Moi

No. He recognized his faults, repented and asked and allowed God to change and save him

Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Psa 34:18 The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

To REPENT means to CHANGE for God's glory. As humans we all make mistakes. God just rewards souls who REPENT and CHANGE for his glory.

He wants to re-create us back into his own image as Adam was before Adam sinned and tarnished that image.

King David was an adulterer and murderer - but he REPENTED for God's glory. And God made David an early father of our Lord's flesh.

The temptation came on Peter all at sudden. He fell and God is merciful. Judas Iscarute worked our his own temptation with full knowledge and planing. He is condemned

Source(s): Gospel

No. Peter only denied that he was with Jesus . . .

He did not deny that Jesus was the Messiah.

"Will God Overlook Our Weaknesses?"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102002808

No He repented. Jesus asked Peter do you love me three times to Peter.

John 21:15-17

"

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep."

Jesus asked him three times because Peter denied him three times

• yesmar

No, Jesus will not deny a friend, in fact he will not deny anyone who trusts him.