Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 years ago

I regret getting married and getting pregnant, what do I do?

I'm 8 months pregnant with my first baby. I'm so tired of my life right now. I'm mixed and my husband is Caucasian we live in a mostly white area and we get stared at a lot and it's worse since I got pregnant. I have always been insecure and I don't like the looks and judgment. I just want to move to a more diverse area. My husband and I have been married a year now. I always dreamed about having a baby and a husband but now I don't know. I would have wanted to wait a couple of years before having kids.

My husband and I don't agree on what to name our daughter. We're disagreeing and my feelings are not the same for him like they were a year ago. We're doomed. I should have never married him. I'm 24 and I'm not ready to be a mom. I feel like my life is over and my husband is almost 30 and has wanted kids for a long time. I'm just not ready to be a mom. I've been thinking about all the parties I have been missing and I will just have a boring life now. I should have never got married, I love him but I'm stuck now. What should I do?

• Jenny
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like your hormones are out of control... Don't do anything rash. Things will get better again.

• Nicole

Maybe you just have the baby blues. Your life isn't over because you are having a baby. It is yncomftable in the end of a pregnancy and causes alot of hormonal changes. I would suggest having the baby and getting counseling. Try to be a good mother and rekindle what you felt for your husband. You can care for your baby, be a good mother, and still have fun. You can always get a sitter and have good times, there are also tons of things for you to do as a family. The baby may bring you and your husban closer. I love my husband with all my heart and it gets stronger every day, especially watching him love our children.

BUT.... If you cannot get over these feelings and nothing you do makes it pass, consider getting a divorce and giving the child to your husband. You cannot give it up for adoption without his consent and he has wanted a child for a long time. If you absolutely are not happy, don't be selfish and make everyone unhappy by sticking around (your self, your husband and baby) because you each deserve the chance at happiness.

Good luck!

• Fred F

Get a divorce and ether give the father the baby or put it up for adoption.

• Tea

Much too late - you're going to be a mother in less than a month, so time to be stop being so totally selfish and self-absorbed.

Hi Troll how is your day. Work on being better Troll if you attend to troll.