Car Insuranse Going To Collections?

just checked my credit report.....didnt recognize a collection...called about it....its a car insurance policy i had back in 2006.....now in collections....i didnt think they could collect? i mean im a bit shocked...is this legal?

didnt have any accidents.....i had the insurance 2 months and switched to another company.....bb&t backed the insurance company and now bb&t is putting me in collectios for the remaing months on the policy?

Btw This wasnt A Loan.....My Car Was Paid For...i DIdnt Have Auto Payments....It Was A Insurance Shop a Few Blocks From My House I went In And Paid In Cash Every Month...I thought If u Didnt Pay Insurance It Just Dropped But When i talked To BB&t They Said I Had To Pay The Remaining Months On The Policy, Casue Thats What was Agreed.....To Me It Just Sounds Stupid...I wasnt Insured For Those Months....So Whats The Loss? It Jus Confuses Me

• Rob
    Favorite Answer

what country do u live in a in USA

car insurance companies simply

drop u if u late more than 10 days.

have credit rerport company give u info on it.

check back with your records / memories

to see if valid company and do fight it.

Source(s): been there

BB&T is "putting you in" collections. BB&T is a bank, not an insurance company. So either you had a car loan with that you dropped coverage on, so they automatically enrolled you in separate insurance on, or they made some sort of automatic payment for the insurance that you later defaulted on

If you owe the money, they can collect. If you stuck them for "earned premium", you owe the money.

I have no idea where you'd get the idea that you can stick businesses for money and they can't go after you for it.

I seriously doubt it's for the remaining months on the policy. It's probably for your short rate cancellation penalty and cancellation fee, unless you bounced a check to them, and then they'd include that as well.

Strange: Usually they just drop your coverage.

Did you hit someone? Any accidents at that time?

Sounds odd. Wouldn't they just drop coverage? I have never heard of such a move.