Atheists, if God existed and created all things, must he reveal himself personally to mankind?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Evidently he's done it many times in the Bible.

• 8 years ago

Well, the litterature says He used to do so constantly.

Every religion has the same basic story, where God used to talk to people and explained all of this in great detail to them, personally.

In fact, the narrative of the Bible is particularly telling. It seems as we grow closer to modern times, God intervenes less and less. His relationship with the earlier people, found in Genesis, is quite direct. This God is somebody they knew, the same way I know my neighbor. He used to just walk around the Garden of Eden.

He spoke directly to Abraham and Moses, but was no longer simply visible. In fact, by the time of Moses, it was clear God made an exception talking to Him, as no other man could see His face. After that, his relationship with prophets becomes more distant still. He appears to them in visions now. It's still God that communicates with mankind, but not in such a manifest manner.

If we follow the Jewish narrative into the Christian one, God becomes incarnated as man. He still speaks to man, but now it's a living emissary. He still inspires Paul and the disciples to write the Gospels, but after that, it's finished. The book is written. That's the last we hear of Him.

Strange...

• Only if said God expects people to believe in it.

• 8 years ago

Only if he demands me to acknowledge his existence and has some suggestions or tips, otherwise he can kindly go forth and multiply himself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depends.....does he want us to believe in him?

Personally I'd think a god wouldn't care, but the Bible sorta says he does.

• Alan
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If he exists then he could do whatever he wants.

But if he doesn't provide decent, rational evidence and then punishes us for not "havintg faith" then he is clearly a sick and evil individual

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If it wants us to believe in it, then yes it must. And if it plans on punishing us for not believing in it, after it chooses to not reveal itself, then it is dishonest, sadistic, and evil.

• 8 years ago

no he's not obligated to, but as long as he doesn't your claim for his existence is baseless. its that faith part that's annoying because ur unwilling to admit its nothing but wishful thinking

• exs
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

If he plans on torturing everyone who doesn't believe in him for all of eternity....yes, clearly yes

• 8 years ago

He does not have to but God does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.