Confused whether to get a tablet or a ipod?

I'm out of college, as a gift from my parents, I want something I can listen music to, portable, I can probably search on the Internet, pictures would be fine, movies, videos a plus, but I have to have music. Does a tablet have music capabilities as an Ipod? But we already have a laptop plus 2 computers at home. I'm not sure if a tablet is necessary or a waste of money but I would like it, but I'm not sure if I'll get bored with it and find it useless and wish for an ipod after all. But then again, ipod is too small, how can I watch movies, etc, but music will work. Anybody who owns these two please tell me your opinion from your experience and clarify my confusion and decision?

Thanks.

I'm looking for within the range of $100-200.

Can u please tell me more about an ipad?

Get a tablet. With the iPod you can only browse music. Browsing the Internet there is minimal, unless you're talking about the iPod touch.

Might I suggest the iPad or iPad mini

Tablet my friend its a killer of intertainment