So, how do I talk my boyfriend into having kids?

My boyfriend and I have been together a while and I really want kids. He is weird when it comes to marrige because he wants us to be old before getting married but we can have kids before that. When I try and talk to him about starting a family he get aggarvated or annoyed :/ Hes actually said no a few times, how do I convience him into having a baby?

Excuse me but no I am not in high school, im in my mid 20s. we have been dating for years now. If you cant answer my question then dont post an answer. Just because I didnt spell something right doesnt mean im in high school. Ive passed high school hunnie. And. No. 20 or 30 isnt old but he doesnt want to get married til we are almost 50 and ge said that to me. And I really dont care if having kids before marrige ***** it up. Its my choice, and again if you cant answer my question then dont post an answer.

Favorite Answer

If you don't have the same vision of what a relationship should be, or when you should have kids, it isn't going to work. Sorry, sweety. Them's the breaks. He's got his mind made up, and so do you. He's unwilling to bend, and neither are you. I really don't believe from what you've said that you are going to ever see eye to eye on this. You want kids soon. He wants them when you're old enough to be grandparents. He doesn't want to be your husband. He doesn't even want to be your baby daddy. What's the point of remaining together? Not trying to be rude at all. I just want you to read what you wrote and really look at the situation objectively.

You're still in high school, right? Yeah. Your incredible spelling skills say it all-especially because there is spell check available right before you post and you opted not to use it. I agree with your boyfriend. Wait until you finish at least your Associates degree in college to think about having kids. Being in your twenties and even thirties is NOT old!!! In fact, the older you get, the more you know. The more you know, the better equipped (in theory) you are to have and raise children properly. Babies are cute but they do NOT stay babies!!! Toddlers, preschoolers, and children are incredibly challenging, and being a kid when you have kids is probably not the wisest choice.

I was 24 when I had my daughter and 28 when I had my son. I don't think before then I would have been prepared emotionally for motherhood, and I *still* have issues!

You can't.

And you seem a tad bit..immature to even be having kids. Your thought process behind this seems strange and not developed enough to be able to handle something that major.

• Damian

You can talk to him and tell him why but if he's not ready to be a dad don't try to force his hand. An unwilling father won't be a good one

• John

1) You really don't want to have kids before getting married.... Legally it just ***** everything up.

2) You can't, he has to want them too, and if you try and push it you'll lose him

Source(s): Seen it happen.
  • Ruth

You cant and shouldn't CONVINCE him. if he's not ready, you need to respect that and wait...if you cant wait, you need to talk to him about it. if you have different family views...maybe you aren't meant to be together. I only say this because maybe he doesn't want kids...ever...