If my windows 7 is not genuine...?

Would it cause me to have problems with my internet?

Favorite Answer

If you use windows 7 that is not genuine, well, it will works for a while but you cannot perform such periodically software updates to prevent malware and computer viruses. Also, Microsoft issues alot of patches for operating system for reported bugs and other features that they are going to add to windows 7 operating system.

With that, windows 7 users are advice to purchase a genuine operating system. Also, using a pirated operating system is punishable by law. You can go to your nearest Microsoft Store to learn more about their products or go to http://www.microsoft.com/ for more information.

No.. There is no difference at all between a pirated and a non pirated Windows... Windows will even download updates like a non-pirated version would.. Ask anyone who is in the computer sciences and he will give you the same answer.. I live in Serbia(Europe's most pirated country where basically no one has a non-pirated version of Windows..) Believe me there is no way that you can get in trouble... And one more thing(but i would look up for this more on the internet if I were you).. Microsoft and other big companies let their software be pirated in countries like mine cause they wont lose money from people that cant afford 150 euros software but will gain money when that people buy that for business obligations...

Source(s): I had a pirated version of Windows XP for 2x years and Windows 7 for 3 years....
  • Steven

No, but you probably wouldn't get free cool stuff such as Windows Updates, Microsoft Security Essentials and more. It's basically like having the bootleg version of something, or the torrent of a game.

Yes, many thing misbehave when MS thinks you stole their Operating System..

And, it will crash and burn within 30 days of the original warning.

If you know that it's a legal Windows, because you paid for it, Call Microsoft. They will fix it for you. If you didn't PAY, they WILL call you.